Playing Mp3s by folder

RichS

Nov 18, 2011
Either I don't know how to do this, or I don't have the right mp3 player app. I would like to play by folder, as I have different types of music. Would like to be able to listen to one genre, or even two or three at a time, but not my whole collection of mp3s. Any ideas?

FlutteringBy

Jul 5, 2011
That's the way I like to listen to my music too.....

I use Music Folder Player Free, which I got from the market.....does exactly what it says & I wouldn't be without it....

No need to create play lists etc.....

FlutteringBy

B_Mullins

Oct 9, 2013
That's the way I like to listen to my music too.....

I use Music Folder Player Free, which I got from the market.....does exactly what it says & I wouldn't be without it....

No need to create play lists etc.....

FlutteringBy
I installed Music Folder free and tried it. I definitely like it. Would have liked more built presets - rock, classical, movies, pop music, etc. - but it's usable as it no doubt about it. Took a tad bit of finagling and holding my tongue just right to get it to display folders and not just files but fixed that. It also doesn't seem to like all .wma files but that just means I'll need to rip a couple of CDs over as mp3s and re-xfer them to the outboard SD card. Not a biggie at all. I figure I'll get the paid version to get rid of the ads at the bottom and just pay the guy for his work. I'll also see if there's any way to induce him to add more channels to the eq. Can't hurt to ask.