Playing music on SD card

phmt123

Dec 15, 2011
I recently got a Sony tablet S and purchased a 32Gb SD card to hold my 25GB of music.

However the music players that I got and one that I have downloaded don't seem to be able to recognise the SD card.

I can explore the SD card using Astro file manager etc and select individual songs and play them with the music player. But I was wanting to be able to launch the music player and for it know there is a library of files on the SD card and show those as tracks.

I know it works if I copy if the file onto the internal memeory but I don't have enough to store 20Gb of music and the SD cards seems a more sensible cost effective way to store music on the device.

Any ideas on how this can be fixed.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Not sure about the Sony but sometimes you need to put the files in a folder called media or music on the sd card for the player apps to find them.

tabs

Nov 30, 2011
MixZing player memorizes the songs if you open the folders. But only until you shut down.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Ronaystein

Dec 18, 2011
I recently got a Sony tablet S and purchased a 32Gb SD card to hold my 25GB of music.

However the music players that I got and one that I have downloaded don't seem to be able to recognise the SD card.

I can explore the SD card using Astro file manager etc and select individual songs and play them with the music player. But I was wanting to be able to launch the music player and for it know there is a library of files on the SD card and show those as tracks.

I know it works if I copy if the file onto the internal memeory but I don't have enough to store 20Gb of music and the SD cards seems a more sensible cost effective way to store music on the device.

Any ideas on how this can be fixed.

Are you sure that you have the correct name of the sdcar. THis because the tablet name the sdcar as sdcar2. I an using winamp for reproduce music from my sdcar

phmt123

Dec 15, 2011
From what I understand about this issue is that Sony have some how setup the tablet in this way so that buying a cheap 32Gb SD card is not a viable way to upgrade the memeory instead Sony want's you to buy the 32BG tablet. Why they have done this is beyond me, the beauty about Android over iPad is the opneness etc and Sony are behaving in the same way as Apple. So basicaly if this understanding is true I need some sofware that breaks the Sony control and allows me to point the music player at the external SD card.