Playstore says "Your device isn't compatible with this version. " Tablet S with ICS.

ChiHorn

Jul 27, 2012
Wanted the ESPN College football app. My moto atrix with ics has no problem. Anyone know what's going on bere?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

It is not just the version of Android, it is your overall tablet configuration (hardware and software) that needs to be compatible. Many Gameloft games are not compatible with my TF101, but almost the same hardware on the Xoom and A500 work just fine. Trying to load the games on the side still does not work on some of them.

You can try finding the apk file on the internet if you like (but be wary it could contain malware or viruses), or you could email the developer and ask them if they have tested it on the S or not, if they plan to.

newbs

Mar 17, 2013
Seems like there are a bunch of fairly mainstream apps that have this problem (Xbox Smartglass, NBC and CW TV apps, etc.). Is this due to some odd resolution or other parameter? Is there something that can be hacked in configuration files somewhere to fix this? Or can Sony issue a patch to make the tablet more mainstream? I love my tablet but this is a fairly annoying flaw.

Last edited: