Please help before I smash my new Acer A500......

mickyb

May 16, 2011
OK...

I bought it a few days ago and have been attempting to get onto Android Market. I have a gmail email and have a google account.

It prompts me to enter details: SIGN IN WITH GOOGLE ACCOUNT

I put in my email (tried both gmail and other that I use to log into google account)
I put in my password

It comes up with SIGNING IN - android device needs to communicate with Google servers to set up account.

It then (after a minute of trying) says "Cant establish a reliable connection to server"
AND - could be a temp problem or Android Device may not be provisioned for data services - if it continues call customer care

I am connected to the net via iPhone personal Hotspot and also attempted on home Broadband.

I then tried making a new account - It was successful but then came up with - but there was a problem adding it to your accounts on this device!!!!

HELP ME PLEASE BEFORE I LOOSE MY S&%T.......

Thanks heaps in advance......

DJACID

May 7, 2011
Plenty of my mates including myself have had the same issue,
Could be the google servers are down,
Or the Only solution I know is by doing a hard reset and then entering your account details on first start up this worked for me....

Last edited:

mickyb

May 16, 2011
Plenty of my mates including myself have had the same issue,
Could be the google servers are down,
Or the Only solution I know is by doing a hard reset and then entering your account details on first start up this worked for me....

Just wanted to say THANKS HEAPS!!!!

Worked and now have no probs - thanks again....:cool: