MSI Primo 81: Hard Reset or Recovery Mode

ulterios

Apr 18, 2015
Hi everyone, I have a problem that I am hoping someone on this forum can help me with. I searched all over this website and through internet searches and can't find the information I need.

I need to find out how to do a Hard Reset on an MSI Primo 81 Android 4.4 Tablet?

We just got this device and we set it up with an administrator account with a PIN number and then a second user account with no PIN or Code.

We have not set it up with a Google account yet.

My son was in the administrator account and changed the pin and now can't remember what the new pin is. We have tried everything we can think of. He had saw me put my administrator pin in by looking over my shoulder which is how he was able to change it.

Since the tablet is brand new and has no Google account yet we have no other choice but to do a hard reset. This isn't a problem because we haven't installed anything yet.

If anyone knows ho to do a hard reset on this MSI Primo 81 your help will be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if maybe it can be put into recovery mode. I can't figure out how to do that either. If anyone knows how to get this tablet into the Android recovery mode I would appreciate any help with this as well.

Someone please help us!

Thanks in Advance.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
If anyone knows ho to do a hard reset on this MSI Primo 81 your help will be greatly appreciated.

Hi ulterios, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets.

Factory reset: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-q/62022-how-do-i-factory-reset-my-tablet.html

If there are no instructions there specifically for your tablet, try some of the methods for other tablets. One of them will probably work and you won't hurt anything by trying.

mohsened

Jul 27, 2016
Dude, you can download the instruction file below:

https://www.msi.com/files/pdf/Primo73_75_81_91_93firmware_recovery_en_21.pdf

1. Execute ”PhoenixSuit” as showing in the file above.

2. Move to “Firmware” tab and use “Image” button to select “XXXX.img”.

Primo 73:N71J.img
Primo 75 : N71H.img
Primo 81:N821.img
Primo 91:N913.img
Primo 93:N915.img

3. Long press the power key at least 10 seconds to power off the device.

4. Release “power key” after the system shut down (For now, Do NOT connect to PC)

5. Press “Volume +” and do NOT release it.

6. Keep pressing “Volume +” button and connect to PC through USB2.0.

7. Keep pressing “Volume +” button and push 5 times on “power” key. ( Please make sure “Volume +” and “power” are pressed together when you push the fifth time on “power” key)

8. Release all key which are pressed and the device should start the auto upgrade process. (If the upgrading didn’t start, please repeated the steps 3~7)

Attachments

• Primo73_75_81_91_93firmware_recovery_en_21.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,014