Please help... I bought a used archo 7o on craigslist, and it says to many pattern

HollyMullens

Oct 6, 2011
attempts. Now I need a name and password. I don't know what I can do? Can they be reset so I can start from scratch? I tried to contact the girl I got it from, but she will not get back to me. Please, any help would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance.
Holly

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
The best and only solution is to apply a new firmware. You will also need to reinitialize it. There are instructions elsewhere, but in brief.
1. Go to Archos.com and download the latest firmware for your model. It is under Downloads
2. Reinitialize your Unit, This will remove any apps. Sorry that is the way it is.You do this by putting the unit into setup mode
3. Setup mode is accessed by holding down the volume rocker while powering up.
4. You will be provided the setup menu, Choose initialize unit, There are a number of initalization choices, Try each and then power off. You may resolve without full format initialization, Power off and on again after each step.
5. Install the Firmware. Attach the device to your PC and copy the Firmware downloaded from Step 1 and copy to the root folder of the device, Disconnect and power on the unit
6. Allow the Firmware to install. You must have power attached for FW install
7.Once up, Call Archos Support and say you want to transfer registration license to you. The device has likely been registered, but you are not registered to the unit. This takes explaining, but can be done.
You should now have a functioning 7o unit. I left out a number of steps. Google +Reinitializing +Archos +70 you will get more precise instructions.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Holly, welcome to the forum. Glad you could join us here at Android Tablets. I see Gurgle has already advised you regarding your questions. I'm moving your post to the Archos Tablets section of the forum, in case you need further assistance. Good luck.