please help i want my ics back.jelly bean is using so much ram

testerenecmi

Oct 4, 2012
jelly bean is using 670mb ram.but ice cream was using 200-300 mb ram.my tablet works more slower.i want ics back.is there a way? sorry for my english.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Something else is going on since the vast majority of JB upgraders have said their TF300 was running much smoother on JB than ICS. If you haven't added any apps that could be contributing to it you may want to do a hard reset

testerenecmi

Oct 4, 2012
Something else is going on since the vast majority of JB upgraders have said their TF300 was running much smoother on JB than ICS. If you haven't added any apps that could be contributing to it you may want to do a hard reset
how can i do a hard reset?i tried wipe data but there is no change

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Usually there is no way to downgrade from an update unless you reflash an older ROM. This is not possible on all devices and is easier on some than others. Suing RAM in itself isn't a bad thing. That is what the RAM is for to be used. It is a frequent misconception that you should have lots of free RAM. In fact that will lead to a slower device overall.

As leeshor stated, most people have a better experience with Jelly Bean. Chances are that you have a rouge app. Most likely this app did not handle the update well or it just happened to be coincidental to the update. In either case you can try manager apps to track app usage and see which ones are hogging the processor. Remove (or possibly re-install) those apps and you should see your device speed back up.

testerenecmi

Oct 4, 2012
Usually there is no way to downgrade from an update unless you reflash an older ROM. This is not possible on all devices and is easier on some than others. Suing RAM in itself isn't a bad thing. That is what the RAM is for to be used. It is a frequent misconception that you should have lots of free RAM. In fact that will lead to a slower device overall.

As leeshor stated, most people have a better experience with Jelly Bean. Chances are that you have a rouge app. Most likely this app did not handle the update well or it just happened to be coincidental to the update. In either case you can try manager apps to track app usage and see which ones are hogging the processor. Remove (or possibly re-install) those apps and you should see your device speed back up.
i dont install any application and now ram usage is 700mb.you are saying that is a frequent misconception but ithink this is a problem

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You don't have any applications installed at all? You should still try a task manager app or battery monitor app that records what is using the most processor (or even use the built in tools in settings). Chances are very high that you have a rogue application or process that needs to be frozen or removed.

testerenecmi

Oct 4, 2012
You don't have any applications installed at all? You should still try a task manager app or battery monitor app that records what is using the most processor (or even use the built in tools in settings). Chances are very high that you have a rogue application or process that needs to be frozen or removed.
which application do you suggest at the play store

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
i dont install any application and now ram usage is 700mb.you are saying that is a frequent misconception but ithink this is a problem

Your RAM use doesn't bother me at all, it was the statement that it ran so slowly. As JP pointed out the memory use is not a problem, or at least shouldn't be.

If you did a factory reset and did NOT allow your TF300 to sync with Google and didn't install or re-install any apps and it was slow then there is a problem somewhere. If you allowed it to auto install the apps, that COULD be THE problem.

This is the answer to one of your questions:

Hard reset, (no data loss)
Power off, disconnect from power, hold the volume button in the down position then also hold the power button. Vibration then white text upper left, release both and sit back and wait for a restart.