Please help me choosing my first tablet!

Basculho

Mar 3, 2013
Hi people, first of all i must say that the commuity in this forum, being new here and all, seems to be (reading some threads) very active and friendly toward newbies like me.
I am a 16 year old guy from Portugal who had his first contact with a tablet last month, and i, intrigued, loved to mess around with it (it was my friend's one)
I now want to get one for myself :D, but i know nothing of tablets!
I would like your help in this particular matter: can you suggest me tablets and information that is considered useful? :)
My budget is 200 euros but i would gladly raise it another 50 or so if it was worth it
Keep in mind that i would like a tablet that would allow me to do this:
-read books and comics
-was relatively fast for browsing and offline usage
-could play games :D
and i have a few questions myself :)
-well, can i connect an external disk drive to my tablet? It would be awesome
-does the tablet have an internal media player of his own? So i could watch movies and tv shows on it?
If there was a tablet capable of doind this, i'm sold :p
If you actually read all of my post, than you have my thanks and i would appreciate your help! :)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum
Rather than make a suggestion about specific tablet, let me say that you need to find one has a USB port and preferably microSD card slot. Android tablets come with media players but there are plenty of other players available it will play pretty much any media. The USB port will allow connecting external hard drives and the microSD card slot will allow you to store your media on external storage. If you get a quad core tablet there should be no problem playing games and there are plenty of EPUB readers out there too.

Basculho

Mar 3, 2013
Thank you very much for answering my question, guess i'll have to keep my eyes open for a good price on a tablet that has those features :)

Basculho

Mar 3, 2013
Do you think the google nexus 7 will be good?
I mean, it seems affordable, good for reading, capable of watching some media and it is a quadcore :D

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Do you think the google nexus 7 will be good?
I mean, it seems affordable, good for reading, capable of watching some media and it is a quadcore :D

That's a really nice tablet, but, there's no USB port or microSD card slot.

Basculho

Mar 3, 2013
Thanks for answering! :)
Are there any similar ones that do have it? On my price range too, because i don't really know where to search for tablets.
That one is probably the most famous around here in my country that's why i know it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.homeysoft.nexususb.importer&hl=en btw would this app be a good solution? It's preciselly want i wanted
the nexus does have a micro usb

Last edited: