please help me figure this out

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by KimberlyBaehr, Sep 10, 2012.

1. KimberlyBaehr

KimberlyBaehr Member

Tablet / Device:
    ???
    hi my name is kimberly baehr. im new to this site and was hoping to learn alot about the android tablet i just purchased. i bought an android tablet at a garage sale. mandy, who used to own it was at work, so the her friend jackie, who was running the sale, sold it to me for her. jackie called mandy to find out what kind of tablet it was. all she knew was that it's an android tablet. mandy said she still has the box and papers, but since she just moved to a new house, she isn't exactly sure which box they are in. so until then, i need to find out what kind it is that i have and how to change the time and date on my tablet. when i click on settings my choices are wireless & networks, Ethernet configuration, sound, display, location & security, and applications...so naturally, i click on display which leaves me with brightness, auto-rotate screen, animation, and screen timeout...so this is obviously not the place i need to go. ive tried the clock icon which displays the clock in military time (and its the wrong time) so i touch that and it doesnt do anything...any help with this would be very very much appreciated! thanks!

2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Xoom / HP Touchpad / Samsung Galaxy / Viewsonic gTablet
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

If you go into tablet settings and about device, there should be some additional info listed there...Model number - that can be used to figure out which tab ya have.

• Like Like x 2
  3. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    If you slide up that left menu under settngs you should see time and date. Really, you should.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Spider

Spider Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    NOOK Tablet Stock NOOKcolor Rooted/Flashed Nexus 7 (2013) 32GB Stock
    Hi Kimberly, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  5. KimberlyBaehr

KimberlyBaehr Member

Tablet / Device:
    ???
    thanks for the replies everyone...apparently, there was another screen i wasnt aware of, which is where i found out how to set the time, and i was able to calibrate it also and it works a bit better now. plus, i found out that it's an android 2.3.3 not sure what that means exactly, but now i just need to figure out how to navigate it...any tips?