Please help me update from CWR 3.0.1.0 to the latest 3.2.0.1!!

bluewhite79

Mar 21, 2011
I haven't done this in such a long time. My last bit of nooking was when cm7.0.2 was released.

I know i need to update my CWR to the latest. Can I do that from the latest ROM manager? just flash it over top 3.0.1.0?

Whats my first step to upate to the latest?

Please let me know if this is right. After doing a nand backup i'll do:

1. D/l the latest rom manager.
2. From Rom manager, flash the latest CWR.
3. Boot into CWR from Rom manager
4. Wipe system/data, Cache, Dalvik.
5. Flash latest nightly ZIP (214)
6. Flash Gapps???

thanks!

ps. I understand there is no need for an OC keral as its built in to the latest nightlies.

patruns

Jun 4, 2011
I did not think that you need to wipe anything or even boot into recovery if you flash CWR with ROM Manager. Certainly you do not want to wipe data and system or you will be starting completely from scratch. Just try and update with ROM Manager. If for some reason you are asked what to wipe, only wipe Davlik.

As to nightly, wipe only Davlik and also include gaaps.

bluewhite79

Mar 21, 2011
i can flash a newer nightly right over 7.0.2? I thought the newer nightlies used a newer kernal? won't the mess something up?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
For CWR updating through ROM Manager nothing further is required as patruns said. You can also flash the zip file from recovery without clearing anything if you have issues updating through ROM Manager.

Changing to nightlies from a stable build of CM7 I don't believe you need to wipe or clear anything. This is the same for flashing an OC kernel. For the most part you only need to wipe/clear when changing between ROMs.

JP