please help. MID7024 recovery goes to black screen with penguin and thats it.

elemist2

May 5, 2011
i installed an gingerbread rom on my tablet a few weeks ago. it has been working alright. i had been able to switch roms by using the recovery menu all along. the other day after my battery drained completely i turned it on and now it dosent remember the time/date between it being turned off and flash has stopped working and it wont allow me to use the recovery menu. when i try to use it, it turns on and says "upgrade system activated" then the screen goes off then it comes back on says the same thing then it goes to a black screen with a penguin in the corner. it does this with every rom i have tried. it dosent matter if it is on the internal or the external sd and it dosent matter if i take both sd cards out it still does it. if i leave it on that page with the penguin after a while it goes back to the "upgrade system activated" page again but does nothing. the motherboard says 7024 v6 on it. if anyone can let me know how to fix this i would be greatly happy because i would really like to flash the new roms that have the camera working.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
i installed an gingerbread rom on my tablet a few weeks ago. it has been working alright. i had been able to switch roms by using the recovery menu all along. the other day after my battery drained completely i turned it on and now it dosent remember the time/date between it being turned off and flash has stopped working and it wont allow me to use the recovery menu. when i try to use it, it turns on and says "upgrade system activated" then the screen goes off then it comes back on says the same thing then it goes to a black screen with a penguin in the corner. it does this with every rom i have tried. it dosent matter if it is on the internal or the external sd and it dosent matter if i take both sd cards out it still does it. if i leave it on that page with the penguin after a while it goes back to the "upgrade system activated" page again but does nothing. the motherboard says 7024 v6 on it. if anyone can let me know how to fix this i would be greatly happy because i would really like to flash the new roms that have the camera working.

Seems like they coby release a newer motherboard for the 7024. My board have 7025 markings.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024

elemist2

May 5, 2011
yea i got it from the factory. i mailed them my 7015 to get it repaired on the warenty and they mailed me this 7024 back instead of the one i sent in. do you have any ideas as to why my recovery has stopped working? when i put the gingerbread rom on i put the M7+_2.3_20110519 with the button mod and the hex edited uboot.bin and utscript that i downloaded from this site. if theres anything you want me to try to get it working im game.

elemist2

May 5, 2011
ive already done that. i mentioned the fact i opened it up in my first post. your rom was the first one i tried because it seemed to be the go to rom for this device. it worked on my device before the incident i described in my first post, but now it just does what i described. i have put your rom on the internal sd card and the external. nothing i have tried will get the recovery working so far. thanks anyways though.

elemist2

May 5, 2011
i have tried that. it does the same thing.i think it seems more like it isnt able write the nand or maby the recovery mode was corrupted. i will post a video to show you what happens since i cant seem to explain it well enough.

first two screens are the "upgrade system activated" page
then its the black screen with the penguin

if i let it sit on the peguin screen for 10 mins or so it goes back to the "upgrade system activated" page and it just stays there.

it does this with all methods mentioned in the this thread

Last edited by a moderator:

elemist2

May 5, 2011
i managed to fix my tablet for anyone who has the same problem... it wouldnt flash any firmware and ive been trying to fix it since my last post.. i tryed to flash the 8024 firmware just as a curiosity and it worked somewhat again then i flashed another firmware and bam.. now its working well

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
i managed to fix my tablet for anyone who has the same problem... it wouldnt flash any firmware and ive been trying to fix it since my last post.. i tryed to flash the 8024 firmware just as a curiosity and it worked somewhat again then i flashed another firmware and bam.. now its working well

If you can hex edit the uboot.bin of the 8024 firmware you can use it properly with 7024.

Search for lcd = ut08 and change it ut07
For camera search for orientation and change it x to y or y to x..... sorry kinda forgot :)

elemist2

May 5, 2011
thanks for the information on customizing. im actually using one of your roms at the moment, CFW-MID7024-V4-C8lean_v0.41 is what im useing because it is a pretty good rom. do you think it would be better to modify stock 8024 or stick with your rom?

Last edited:

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
thanks for the information on customizing. im actually using one of your roms at the moment, CFW-MID7024-V4-C8lean_v0.41 is what im useing because it is a pretty good rom. do you think it would be better to modify stock 8024 or stick with your rom?

Nothing different its still froyo. Stock 8024 after bootup i have less memory than the c8lean rom. Also the extsd card is now treated as sdcard so any apps that save data it will save to external sd instead of internal sd.

Try running V6_supercharger to optimize your memory.

elemist2

May 5, 2011
i descided to work on the uboot.bin like you said. i also changed the device name in the system files and enabled 3g. im going to share it but i will give you credit for it since i only did a simple change.

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
i descided to work on the uboot.bin like you said. i also changed the device name in the system files and enabled 3g. im going to share it but i will give you credit for it since i only did a simple change.

I forgot to add, change camera to hi704 from gcc.

Or

Try getting the latest gingerbread rom 831,, uboot.bin is overclock. Stock its only 998mhz, overclock is 1149mhz. Tablet is snappier.....but i dont know the long term effect of overclocking.