Please help! Newbie to forum, android and a tablet in need of assistance.

Foxycuts

Jun 26, 2012
Hello all! I've been searching for answers on here and can't seem to really find what I'm looking for. I just bought a Coby Kyros MID 7022. I am new to this android thing but not totally illiterate. I was able to get the android market on my tablet without rooting and a flash player. All by following instructions from the internet of course. The trouble is I am running out of room. How do I put apps and books on my external SD card? I can't find extsd in my file manager. I am also running isilo and it doesn't see the external SD either. Thanks!!!!

Jaxmoto

Jun 9, 2012
Hello all! I've been searching for answers on here and can't seem to really find what I'm looking for. I just bought a Coby Kyros MID 7022. I am new to this android thing but not totally illiterate. I was able to get the android market on my tablet without rooting and a flash player. All by following instructions from the internet of course. The trouble is I am running out of room. How do I put apps and books on my external SD card? I can't find extsd in my file manager. I am also running isilo and it doesn't see the external SD either. Thanks!!!!

If you are running the stock Android (2.3.3) it works a little differently than a phone might. The tablet has 4GB of memory built-in, that is what the tablet thinks is your normal "SD card". The actual micro SD card is treated more like an external hard drive.

The tablet memory (the 4GB built-in) is in the directory (from the root drive) "/sdcard/", your micro SD card (if you have one installed) is "/sdcard/tflash/".

On any app that will allow it, make sure to go into SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS and on each of your apps select "Move to SD card" if it is available. For Android 2.3.3 you don't need an app to move them, the option is built-in (unless you are moving stuff not managed by Android).

There is also a new post in the development forum about how to increase the available app memory on the 7022. It is NOT FRIENDLY to people who have never tried modding or if you aren't confident in using roms and loading from fastboot. I would recommend if you want to try it that you seriously look into recovery options and actually run through the process of deleting and restoring your tablet before trying anything.

Foxycuts

Jun 26, 2012
Thanks Jaxmoto I will check out the other forum. Actually, before I read your reply I found my tflash! I was so excited. I was able to move 1.3 gig off it to the external sd card. Now I have room for more apps. :)