Please help regarding my Android MID tablet

juliefahy

Mar 11, 2013
Hi I am new to the forum, have just bought a secind hand Android MID tablet 7" all i can tell you is it says Q8-V0709 on the tablet, no manual with it and has a broken screen (i am unsure which replacement screen I need to buy). I have never owned a tablet before so please bare with me. I have plugged it in and charged it up to 100% all it shows on the screen is the time etc and an icon that looks like a lock it wont do anything. What do i need to do to get it going i.e. do i need some sort of card to insert . Your advice would be well appreciated. Thanks Julie

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Hi Julie, welcome to the forum. If the screen is broken there's no telling what else may be going on. Is it possible to get a refund?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Julie, welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. It sounds as though the tablet is locked and you'll need the password to unlock it or you'll have to do a factory reset. However, it's probably going to cost more to replace the screen than the tablet is worth. I agree with Lee, try to return it if you can.

gingerjohn

Apr 15, 2013
hi there im new to hear but i also have a q8-0709 and my son put a password on the front and now carnt remerber it how do i take it off as i use it for work aswell
thank you
gingerjohn

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum gingerjohn. If your tablet has a WiFi connection, 5 attempts at logging in should provide you a prompt toi input your Google user and password. If not connected you will need to do a factory reset using hardware. I can't tell you how that's done on your tablet but you could Google factory reset with your tablet model.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
hi and thank you but i think i need to do that factory reset think so if u could pm how to do it plz

The best I can do is suggest you follow the link in my signature below or try to Google the process for your specific tablet. They all are a little different but maybe the link can help.

annaharris

Aug 28, 2012
Why did you bought a tablet with a broken screen ? I will suggest to return it back if possible and get your money refunded.