Please help with me with Clear.fi !

HenryG

Mar 20, 2012
Ok so i had Clear.fi working just fine, then had a problem with my router and had to replace it. Now clear.fi cant find new network?!?! My PC can detect my tablet but tablet does not detect PC. Can someone please help me?

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
What is Clear.fi?
If it is Clear Cellular Internet. Have you tried the following.
First on your new WiFi router have you set up the new router with the same network information, same SSID or network name and password?
I ask this because if not then you need to be sure that your PC and tablet have been changed to your new network name and security protocal and have the new password in them.
Second you will need to power down all devices, ie, Clear modem, the router, and PC/Tablet.
First, turn the Modem on and let the modem find and link to the Clear Network, after you have full bars or as many as you get, then turn on the router, let it fully load and all lights stable, then your PC and Tablet.
Sometimes just hooking the new router up does not work because the modem identifies with the first device connected. When you change that device (the router) the modem is still looking for the old router so you have to power the modem and router down (PC etc) and restart everything from the modem out. Modem>Router>PC/Tablet.
I ran in to this problem a few years back with my sisters set up. Modem was hooked up to the PC, I unhooked the modem form the PC and plugged it in to the new router and nothing worked. I busted my brains tring to get it to work and had nothing. Called a friend that owns a PC repair shop and he told me to turn everything off, turn the modem on, then the router, then the PC. Giving each one plenty of time to fully start and set up before turning the next device on. Once done her internet was back up through eithernet and we had a good strong WiFi signal. Problem? though I had the new router hooked up to the modem, the modem was still looking for the PC to be the first device. It was not, so the modem was not comunicating. It showed a connection and that was throwing me.
Once the modem was restarted and the router was the first device connected it worked just as it should.
I have fixed a fiew friends networks with this simple fix for similar reasons. Give it a try it might be all you need.

Last edited:

HenryG

Mar 20, 2012
its an Acer preloaded program used to share media wirelessly over a network with all devices on the network. Thought i posted this on the A500 forum but if i didnt, sorry, first post.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Got it.
Was my post was helpful? Or are you still having problems? Need to know if we still need to try to resolve your connection problem.

HenryG

Mar 20, 2012
i dont believe its a network problem because my blu-ray can dectect my PC and vice versa. Also, i have a combo modem-router. I have powered down everything and re-started several times. I believe Clear.fi is still trying to connect to the old network but cant figure out how to change, or even access the settings on it. only has server on and off option.

frnkws

Jul 30, 2011
I take it that you can connect to the internet through your wifi.
If so then your tablet sees the router.
Have you tried going into settings, wireless & network, wifi settings,
You could try, what should be the 4th thing down, under wifi networks, click on the one shown for your computer network and tell it to forget it.
Then I would reboot the tablet, go back into those settings and reestablish a connection, putting in your password.

Batchman

May 14, 2011
HenryG said:
I believe Clear.fi is still trying to connect to the old network but cant figure out how to change

You could try going to settings, applications, select Clear.fi and clear the cache. It might "forget" the old network and find the new one.

HenryG

Mar 20, 2012
batch, frnkws

tried both of your suggestions with no luck. probably just going to download another similar app. unfortunately i cant delete clearfi. thanks for your help.