PLease Help

Rocafella

Jul 6, 2011
i have recently brought a disgo 6000 on android 2.2, when frist turn the tablet on the wifi worked fine and connected to my home hub no problem, then i disconected wifi and turned the tablet off for the night, but i turn it back on in the morning no luck with the wifi, it picks up my home hub even the person who lives next door, it says connecting then gose to scanning the connecting and so on and so on. a know its not my router. can somone tell me if its a hardware or software problem please, do i need to exchange it?

PLease help Thanks

Rocafella

Jul 6, 2011
thanks meggiedude!!! i have done all that and still dont work, i have come across this>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WiFi
Updated WiFi driver -
The tablet has a Ralink Tech Inc. RT2870 Chipset Based USB Wireless Adapter. It's the Wi-Fi Networking 802.11x device built in to the hardware. Just like a Wi-Fi adapter in a computer it uses a driver which can be updated by replacing the binary file possibly providing better performance.

The Linux RT2870 driver is /etc/firmware/rt2870.bin and the Configuration File is /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat

To replace the existing driver "rt2870.bin" download the latest version of the firmware for rt2870 on Ralink Web site - RT2870_Firmware_V22.

Copy/paste the rt2870.bin firmware using RootExplorer and reboot or through adb commands

Code:

C:\>adb push rt2870.bin /system/etc/firmwareC:\>adb reboot
Once device is back on go to Wi-Fi setting > Wi-Fi and uncheck then re-check and scanning returned.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/files/README_STA.txtCan some please talk me thur this, thanks

meggiedude

Jun 28, 2011
thanks meggiedude!!! i have done all that and still dont work, i have come across this>>>>>>>>>>>>>

WiFi
Updated WiFi driver -
The tablet has a Ralink Tech Inc. RT2870 Chipset Based USB Wireless Adapter. It's the Wi-Fi Networking 802.11x device built in to the hardware. Just like a Wi-Fi adapter in a computer it uses a driver which can be updated by replacing the binary file possibly providing better performance.

The Linux RT2870 driver is /etc/firmware/rt2870.bin and the Configuration File is /etc/Wireless/RT2870STA/RT2870STA.dat

To replace the existing driver "rt2870.bin" download the latest version of the firmware for rt2870 on Ralink Web site - RT2870_Firmware_V22.

Copy/paste the rt2870.bin firmware using RootExplorer and reboot or through adb commands

Code:

C:\>adb push rt2870.bin /system/etc/firmwareC:\>adb reboot
Once device is back on go to Wi-Fi setting > Wi-Fi and uncheck then re-check and scanning returned.

Can some please talk me thur this, thanks
Yes, been there, seen it, got the tee-shirt.
It made absolutely no difference to the wifi stability and range on my 6000. So I'm back with the OOTB settings
I wouldn't bother if I was you.
If you see the other wifi thread, I have finally got a response from my_Disgo Cust serv, but not much to report this far.