Please Help!

Kendall

Dec 28, 2011
Got the Panimage Media Tablet for Christmas...YouTube is an automatic app, however, I can't get it to run. The ball just spins and spins. Can anyone help me with this?

MisterScott

Jan 12, 2012
Like you, I never could get the installed YouTube app to work (it may be a compatibility issue with the 1.6 Android OS). So, I deleted it and found an earlier YouTube app (version 1.3) at freewarelovers.com that I installed after downloading it via the tablets browser (Note: The YouTube app at this site was located in the multimedia category). The 1.3 version works perfectly in terms of loading up YouTube and showing all the videos. However, playing an actual video is a little tricky since there appears to be some buffering issues while playing videos in HQ mode (the default mode). In this regard, the video will start to load and then lock up after a few seconds. My "work around" for this problem is as follows (since there does not appear to be a way to change the default HQ video mode): 1) Push the menu button at the top of the tablet and it will bring up the menu bar at the bottom of the screen. Click the "More" tab on the bottom right. When the option menu pops up, click "Watch In Normal Quality". 2) At this point, the video will begin and continue playing normally until the end, OR it will begin and then "lock up" after a few seconds. If it "locks up", click the menu button again at the top of the tablet. 3) When the menu bar shows up, this time click "Details". This will pause the video while the "details" (a written synopsis of the video) is being displayed (simply clicking the video "pause" button does not solve the problem). Now wait about thirty seconds to let the video start "loading" on your tablet and then push the silver "previous screen" button on the right of the tablet. This will start the video. At this point, the video will begin playing and should play normally all the way through. Even better is the fact you can "replay" it when it reaches the end and it will start and play perfectly. In sum, this gets YouTube working on your Panimage Tablet, but it is a temporary "work around" until someone comes up with a solution to the buffering issue and a solution for making "normal quality" the default video mode on this tablet. I hope this helps. If you need additional assistance with this, feel free to contact me.