please help

helsbels

Jul 31, 2011
hi everyone

i have an acer a500 tablet and realy do like it but its doing a few things that are realy getting me angry.

the main problem is whilst on the internet it suddenly just shuts the internet down and puts me back to my tablet home screen and is starting to happen alot! ive cleared the cache, cookies, history and still does it. i even clear all my saved passwords etc (which i realy didnt like doing as most of them i cant rememeber but i tried everything to fix it) but it still does it. ive checked the software is up todate which it is so i dont understand why its doing it. any ideas?

the other problem i seem to be having is when im typing something, the keyboard bit just dissapears as i press a letter (it isnt one particular letter either) and the flashing cursor bit appears on the address bar for no reason what so ever.

i dont play games online and am very careful of what websites i open so as not to open a virus or anything. its the kicking me off the internet that is realy getting to me although the other problem is annoyin so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
helsbels

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Have you tried a different browser?

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

helsbels

Jul 31, 2011
hi

im using the browser that came with the tablet, i tried downloaded firefox which is what i used to use on my other computer but couldnt get on well with it on the tablet and its always done it but getting much worse past few days.

i tend to use it on my own internet network and router, but has done it on someone elses too.

Last edited:

helsbels

Jul 31, 2011
hi all the kicking me of the internet is happening quite freaquently now and being extremely annoying, anybody any ideas? i tried a different browser but it still happened
thanks

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
Makes me wonder if there's a router problem. Does this happen if you're using the tablet at, say, Starbuck's? If you find that the problem doesn't occur outside of home, then consider getting a new router. I'm not super-technical, but I have read about other people having problems with specific routers or router brands when it comes to connecting with their tablet.

Not sure about the keyboard problem. Is your system upgraded to the latest Honeycomb version 3.2.1? Is your tablet rooted?

helsbels

Jul 31, 2011
hi yep it happens when connected outside home plus our router is pretty new. the tablet is connected wirelessly.
i think im up to date, it says device is up to date when i click on the upgrade software bit.

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
What version of Android does it say in the Settings menu? It may say it's up to date, but if the version is anything less than 3.2.1, then it isn't. How old is your Acer? If it's pretty new, it might be worth talking to customer support about getting a replacement.

helsbels

Jul 31, 2011
What version of Android does it say in the Settings menu? It may say it's up to date, but if the version is anything less than 3.2.1, then it isn't. How old is your Acer? If it's pretty new, it might be worth talking to customer support about getting a replacement.

hi sorry only just seen your comment, erm just looked at the version of android and its 3.2.1 my acer is approx a year old. unfortunatly it is still happening :(

BDiddy

Aug 19, 2011
Might be time to do a factory reset after backing up your data. Other than that, i'm out of ideas. Sorry!

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
i have an acer a500 tablet and realy do like it but its doing a few things that are realy getting me angry.
No point getting angry. Frustrated maybe.

the main problem is whilst on the internet it suddenly just shuts the internet down and puts me back to my tablet home screen and is starting to happen alot! ive cleared the cache, cookies, history and still does it. i even clear all my saved passwords etc (which i realy didnt like doing as most of them i cant rememeber but i tried everything to fix it) but it still does it. ive checked the software is up todate which it is so i dont understand why its doing it. any ideas?
Yes this does happen from time to time. Clearing cache won't fix that
the other problem i seem to be having is when im typing something, the keyboard bit just dissapears as i press a letter (it isnt one particular letter either) and the flashing cursor bit appears on the address bar for no reason what so.

Well I haven't solved and it doesn't bother me too much