please help...

beckyoak

Mar 13, 2012
I just got an Asus TF201 last week. As soon as it was turned on it automatically updated with Android 4.0.3 ICS.... all lookin good so far. If I understood correctly, ICS is brand new and obviously may still have problems and glitches to sort out but *sign* the crashing is getting really frustrating. It usually happens when online, for example 5 min ago when I logged on to the Android Forum. We got the tablet because I mainly use internet at home to watch tv shows and I can rarely get through an episode. At first we thought it maybe a wifi problem but the connection is as strong and as reliable as it is with all the other devices in the house. Then I read something about maybe a conflict with the google browser????

I would soooooo appreciate a heads up here. No one I know knows enough about tablets/android to help.

Thanks for you time

Adelamarc

May 16, 2011
You could try downloading a different browser such as dolphin or opera from the market ( play store ). You can also go to settings ---> applications ---> manage applications, then find your browser in the list, select it, then force stop and clear data. This may solve the crashing issue.

Sent from my gTablet using Tapatalk

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Becky, congratulations on your new tablet and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you're having problems with the tablet. Clearing the browser, as suggested by Adelmarc, would be a good place to start trying to fix the problem. Meanwhile, I'm going to move your thread to the Asus Tablets forum for you, where more people with your tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Come back here and let us know if that worked or not. If not, someone else may have other suggestions to solve the problem. Good luck!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
IMO, the stock Browser is rubbish.

Check out some other web browsers such as:

ICS Browser+
Dolphin Browser HD
Opera Mobile
Maxathon
Boat Browser.

So far, Dolphin has been the most solid for Flash playback recently.

beckyoak

Mar 13, 2012
thank you soooo much everyone!!
I did as instructed and, after umming and ahhing about which to choose, opera or dolphin, I opted for dolphin hd. and so far, excellent :)
I shall keep checking up on what everyone has to say in the forum...I'm new to this forum business. never knew they could be so helpful. I love reading what everyone has to say.
thank you again :)

EDIT....nope, take that back. dolphin kept crashing when tried to watch videos. but tried them ALL :) and have decided on OperaMobile. it's that best one for my needs and I find it user friendly.

Last edited: