Please post your Hardware Version / Hardware ID and date of purchase

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
I was told that there were several hardware revisions for vtab1008.
I am trying to find out whether earlier tablets had different hardware ID versions.
That's all I can say - for now.

Rather than suggest that the thread be closed, why not give us more information why you would ask that question... other than you hearing that there were other hardware revisions and also saying "That's all I can say... for now". Who did you hear that from and why is it relevant/important? Asking people to post their info and not giving reasons why, then complaining that not enough people are "helping", then suggesting that the thread be closed tends to create a sense of random secrecy. I'm all about collaboration and working toward spreading awareness for the vtab. I'd just like more information. That is, if you have any. It may be that you were just being curious, which is fine too. I'm just trying to see what your intentions were.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
Rather than suggest that the thread be closed, why not give us more information why you would ask that question... other than you hearing that there were other hardware revisions and also saying "That's all I can say... for now". Who did you hear that from and why is it relevant/important? Asking people to post their info and not giving reasons why, then complaining that not enough people are "helping", then suggesting that the thread be closed tends to create a sense of random secrecy. I'm all about collaboration and working toward spreading awareness for the vtab. I'd just like more information. That is, if you have any. It may be that you were just being curious, which is fine too. I'm just trying to see what your intentions were.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

You make some valid points, however, I was told that information I've got was confidential and was not supposed to be disclosed.
Until and unless I get go ahead from my source that it's OK to disclose, I will not post it, sorry.

IMA_210

Dec 20, 2011
Thank you Maine_Coon for your work here! I take it since there were no other hardware versions listed in this thread you haven't found any? I would be interested in finding out more information on this topic.

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
Thank you Maine_Coon for your work here! I take it since there were no other hardware versions listed in this thread you haven't found any? I would be interested in finding out more information on this topic.

I haven't found any, that's correct.
I was hoping to find hardware differences in order
- to unlock hidden features
- to be able to install some custom firmware w/root implemented and hopefully help people w/1.9.57 build.

So far we are out of luck. All the retail hardware seems to be the same.

IMA_210

Dec 20, 2011
I haven't found any, that's correct.
I was hoping to find hardware differences in order
- to unlock hidden features
- to be able to install some custom firmware w/root implemented and hopefully help people w/1.9.57 build.

So far we are out of luck. All the retail hardware seems to be the same.

I believe that I found the thread that you are referring to last night. Did anyone try to install that firmware on our version of hardware? I would be willing to give it a shot. I have requested a copy of the file with no response as of yet.

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
I believe that I found the thread that you are referring to last night. Did anyone try to install that firmware on our version of hardware? I would be willing to give it a shot. I have requested a copy of the file with no response as of yet.
You are on the right track.
Unfortunately it does not work on our hardware.