Please recommend 9'' - 11'' tablets for under $320

needadvice

Sep 8, 2012
Hi,

I tried to get some recommendations in the sticky thread below, but no replies so far, so I'm trying again in this separate thread
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...o-i-buy-im-looking-thread-128.html#post236594

Could someone please recommend some tablets, and I'd also like to see the pros and cons that are not in the spec if any. I have been checking Mcpad N101 and Cube U30GT, are there better tablets than those for $250-$320?

1) what you will be using the tablet for. list any features you need, such as g-sensor, gps, bluetooth, Adobe Flash, or any specific apps

Must-have features:
HDMI out
1080p video playback
IPS capacitive multi-touch screen
Android 4.x
Google Play
Minimum resolution 1280x800
At least one built-in camera

Main use: playing videos using HDMI out (connect to hotel TVs when on holiday), browsing Internet, checking maps (GPS optional), occasionally writing emails, I won't play games on it.

2) how much you are willing to spend

Ideally $250-$320, but also happy to see $320-$400 recommendations in addition to <$320 ones
Willing to pay $50 more for one with a built-in GPS

3) if you have an idea, what the size of the tablet should be

Between 9 and 11 inches

4) how much you know about Android, or just whether or not you are computer literate

I'm computer literate and own an android phone, I rooted my phone and flashed a custom ROM

5) Please list your location somewhere. (You should really include it in your profile, by the way)

England, UK

Separate question: how much better are tablets made by well-known brands (ASUS, Acer etc) than those made by lesser-known Chinese brands (Ainol, Cube and Pipo etc)

Last edited:
D

Dawnstar

The Cube is only US$217.99 with free shippment all the tablets i have seen are 6, 7, 8, 9.7, 10.2 not 11" i could be wrong! verything you listed in features i have on my (Cube) and some more. the Cube don't have GPS build in but it supports it with USB. i can't speak for the other tablets only mine.

The link
http://www.spemall.com/Cube-U30GT-1...Camera-HDMI-Bluetooth-Included-1G-16GB_g.html

I have seen many tablets on the maket, If you like you could put some side by side and see for yourself some Chinese tablets are good some are fake, if you pay cheap you get cheap don't moan about it later , also i am not into Tablet VS tablet see no point in it. Every tablet have it's good side and bad side in the end it's your choice on what to buy because only you know what you are looking for. so here we can only give you our opinions.

I will say that JB is faster than ICS OS on the tablet for what i have seen

5. you choice again UK, GB, England.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dawnstar

Like i said before i don't VS tablets i see no point in the matter, both tablets are made in China just like Apple, i found my Wifi on the Cube good the EX-speaker not good but i use earphones for better sounds thats why when i travel i never see the point on playing load music from any tablet speaker.or speakers i have one speaker never use it

Like i have said again I have not seen any 11" inches Tablet i have 10.2

Last edited by a moderator:

kingbrowne

Apr 24, 2012
The SmartQ is reputed to be of better built quality than the others you mention. It also uses the TI Omax chip which has been on the market longer and has a more stable phatform. You will notice it cost a little more as well. The SmartQ will also require less tweeting to get optimum performance.