Please Try This Root Method, Need Feedback ASAP, Thanks for Help

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I've tried it. The installion was flawless. Though one problem occured. Playstore is not working, having an error. Though Chrome beta worked fine.

Thanks if using rootexplorer you go to system/app look for "com.android.vending_3.10.9.apk" and press and install this should get playstore working if not i will change the play store.

Last edited:

applesauce

Dec 15, 2012
Thanks if using rootexplorer you go to system/app look for "com.android.vending_3.10.9.apk" and press and install this should get playstore working if not i will change the play store.

First, thanks for this. Really appreciate the work and documentation.

But I'm having the same issue on an Onda v712 v2 that I just updated to 1.5.5. I used the instructions from post 49803, but replaced the root.zip there with this update.zip from this package. Booted into recovery mode and it loaded everything automatically. On next reboot the firmware is updated, device rooted and all apps installed.

Signed into existing google account, but all the Google Play store will do is give me "Server Error - Retry" I do not have the apk listed above in the specified folder. Do have Google_PlayStore_v3_47.apk, reinstalled this and no change.

Rypper1

Dec 10, 2012
I would really like to root my V711 to remove all the bloatware and speed it up. Is this root method the one I should use or would you recommend another one? If you recommend this method, I am not sure what you mean by "Now open your own firmware file and copy update.zip to sdcard". I am new to both droid and tablets, sorry. This is my first of both, always been an iOS user. I read through your "Firmware update walk-through" and it explained a lot about how to do things. I checked my firmware and it is 1.5, do I need to d/l v2.0 from Onda and that would be the firmware file that I need to copy update.zip to the sdcard?

Thank you for your time and efforts to make these tablets better!

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
I would really like to root my V711 to remove all the bloatware and speed it up. Is this root method the one I should use or would you recommend another one? If you recommend this method, I am not sure what you mean by "Now open your own firmware file and copy update.zip to sdcard". I am new to both droid and tablets, sorry. This is my first of both, always been an iOS user. I read through your "Firmware update walk-through" and it explained a lot about how to do things. I checked my firmware and it is 1.5, do I need to d/l v2.0 from Onda and that would be the firmware file that I need to copy update.zip to the sdcard?

Thank you for your time and efforts to make these tablets better!

Hi, you should update your firmware to 2.0 heres the link http://file2.mydrivers.com/ondata/download/driver/oamp3/V711D/V711D_v2.0-SD.zip
Then follow this thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ing-play-store-google-apps-root-explorer.html

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
First, thanks for this. Really appreciate the work and documentation.

But I'm having the same issue on an Onda v712 v2 that I just updated to 1.5.5. I used the instructions from post 49803, but replaced the root.zip there with this update.zip from this package. Booted into recovery mode and it loaded everything automatically. On next reboot the firmware is updated, device rooted and all apps installed.

Signed into existing google account, but all the Google Play store will do is give me "Server Error - Retry" I do not have the apk listed above in the specified folder. Do have Google_PlayStore_v3_47.apk, reinstalled this and no change.

Hi, if your following this post use the files needed, if the other post then use the files needed there you can not swap them as it will not work, please try ths thread http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ing-play-store-google-apps-root-explorer.html another member on there updated his v712 without problem.

Rypper1

Dec 10, 2012
Thanks for the reply. Wow the Onda server is slow, showing 4 hours to download the file. But I have it downloading. I'm going to your post to read more on it now. Thanks again.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Thanks for the reply. Wow the Onda server is slow, showing 4 hours to download the file. But I have it downloading. I'm going to your post to read more on it now. Thanks again.

The downloads are quicker after about 4pm GMT.