Ployer Momo11 BIRD verison

figo_rulz11

May 19, 2012
To be honest mate, you shouldn't have to flash your firmware as it should all be on the latest one when you get it...But you will have some Chinese apps on there which are hard to remove through normal methods. Titanium backup is a good software to uninstall all the crap. Have a look here for a guide on how to use it. Titanium Backup KB - Titanium Track - Its a very useful bit of software. But if you've never used it before can be a bit daunting lol.

It's not too difficult to flash new roms and firmware, but it is very easy to get it wrong. Thankfully there's plenty of people and help on here if you do get stuck. And lots of scripts to set up the market and Google Apps properly as well.
As for the processor thing you could be right as mine can be a little slow to open some apps. But overall I'm well impressed with this tablet. Oh yeah, I find the battery pretty good as well. Still haven't tested it properly but after using it for a whole day of gaming and youtubing I still had 42% left. Better than my phone lol.
But I do seem to struggle with wifi signal unless I'm in the same room. Could be my wifi or could be the tablet as lots of people seem to be moaning about it. Some people get a strong signal, some don't lol. So luck of the draw as to how good yours will be.

Have you received your tracking number from Redtablet yet?

Once i get my tablet i'll look up the Titanium app! Thanks.

I have got a tracking number but when i enter it into the HongKong website it says error! I should have just paid the extra $30 dollars and it would have been here most likely today! :(.

krissboo

May 13, 2012
Once i get my tablet i'll look up the Titanium app! Thanks.

I have got a tracking number but when i enter it into the HongKong website it says error! I should have just paid the extra $30 dollars and it would have been here most likely today! :(.

Who did you go for with postage in the end or did you go with free shipping?

krissboo

May 13, 2012
I went with free shipping so HongKong shipping.

Ah fair enough, you might be in for a long wait then. But no worries as Redtablet keep you updated all the time. My tablet seems to be fine, and is running pretty well so far. Still blown away by that screen lol. Makes anything HD in youtube look awesome.
And battery life seems to be pretty good, but it takes a long time to charge. Which might be a good thing as it shows the battery is large.

figo_rulz11

May 19, 2012
Ah fair enough, you might be in for a long wait then. But no worries as Redtablet keep you updated all the time. My tablet seems to be fine, and is running pretty well so far. Still blown away by that screen lol. Makes anything HD in youtube look awesome.
And battery life seems to be pretty good, but it takes a long time to charge. Which might be a good thing as it shows the battery is large.

Thanks, so far i haven't received any updates from RedTabletPC yet though. Seriously can't thank you enough for filling this thread with information! Really useful stuff! Any App i can download that you recommend?

Do you have a protective case with yours? Did you consider any other tablets before you chose Momo11 Bird? Mine was either this or the Onda Vi40 Elite.

krissboo

May 13, 2012
Thanks, so far i haven't received any updates from RedTabletPC yet though. Seriously can't thank you enough for filling this thread with information! Really useful stuff! Any App i can download that you recommend?

Do you have a protective case with yours? Did you consider any other tablets before you chose Momo11 Bird? Mine was either this or the Onda Vi40 Elite.

Email redtabletpc and ask for a tracking number...they may not have shipped it yet though. But if you email them they will respond.

I don't have a case for mine yet, but do need one as I'm good at dropping stuff lol. I'm thinking of getting a case and keyboard combined, maybe something like this 9.7" Inch Leather Case USB Keyboard Cover Stand Stylus Pen For Android Tablet PC | eBay

I reckon I spent about 3 months researching tablets and vendors. I considered the Onda vi40 but didn't like the look of it to be honest. The Ployer seemed to have good support from the manufacturer and a lot of people on forums seemed to think it was one of the best.
To be honest these tablets will be out of date in a month anyway as there'll always be something better and cheaper being built. (especially in China)
This guy seemed impressed, Colonel Zap's Blog: Ployer Momo11 IPS Android ICS Angry Birds Edition Tablet Review - Rockchip RK2918 he seems to know what he's talking about as well lol.

Feb 16, 2012

Hello, Dear figo_rulz11
Thanks for you support! your tablets shipped already . Have a nice day! :eek:

krissboo

May 13, 2012
"Any App i can download that you recommend?"

Meant to ask what your main use for the tablet will be....then I can recommend some apps for you.

figo_rulz11

May 19, 2012
Email redtabletpc and ask for a tracking number...they may not have shipped it yet though. But if you email them they will respond.

I don't have a case for mine yet, but do need one as I'm good at dropping stuff lol. I'm thinking of getting a case and keyboard combined, maybe something like this 9.7" Inch Leather Case USB Keyboard Cover Stand Stylus Pen For Android Tablet PC | eBay

I reckon I spent about 3 months researching tablets and vendors. I considered the Onda vi40 but didn't like the look of it to be honest. The Ployer seemed to have good support from the manufacturer and a lot of people on forums seemed to think it was one of the best.
To be honest these tablets will be out of date in a month anyway as there'll always be something better and cheaper being built. (especially in China)
This guy seemed impressed, Colonel Zap's Blog: Ployer Momo11 IPS Android ICS Angry Birds Edition Tablet Review - Rockchip RK2918 he seems to know what he's talking about as well lol.

I'll check out the review, thanks. Yeah true technology is always evolving so i see what you mean. Regarding the covercase i quite like that, i had the option to order that from RedTabletPC but i think its $28 dollars so works out expensive. Only thing is with Ployer Momo11 the webcam is in the corner so you have to be careful what case you use, shame its not in the middle! If you are going to get it, i'll wait for your review on the case & usability :) or you still browsing for cases? (very limited due to positioning of front camera & rear.

Hello, Dear figo_rulz11
Thanks for you support! your tablets shipped already . Have a nice day! :eek:

Thanks for letting me know, such a shame i didn't choose DHL shipping now, its taking forever & the website (hongkong mail) isn't helpful either!

"Any App i can download that you recommend?"

Meant to ask what your main use for the tablet will be....then I can recommend some apps for you.

I shall be using it for browsing the internet mainly, social networks twitter etc, music, videos, mainly web browsing when i'm watching tv, in bed etc.

SPB SHELL 3D looks cool!

Last edited:

figo_rulz11

May 19, 2012
Just received my ployer momo and wow the screen is amazing:) . I'm typing from my tablet right now. Its taking a long time to charge up to 100% but its my first charge I guess and I'm using it as its charging. Didn't come with any headphones or hd cable. Overall I am impressed, little slow when typing, is their any way I can speed things up? Also I can't seem to find twitter, facebook and instagram on the market?? Also how do I get predictive text too?

Lastly I'm still new to this so will be testing a lot! Any apps you recommend? Games with good graphics? Etc

Was packaged nicely too great service

figo_rulz11

May 19, 2012
When I'm on skype everyone says my camera looks pink but yet on my screen its fine, how can I solve this? Software issue

figo_rulz11

May 19, 2012
Hi, You can adjust the screen brightness, sometimes indoor light reflective. :eek:

When I'm on skype my screen is fine I tried this will different people and they all said my screen had pink lines! I use skype a lot so how can I solve this? Adjusting the colour brightness made no difference.

edit/

Manage today solve the issue via this link http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skype-Fix-P...M7PMWO5GZZA2/1?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B007W2LBP2

Seems today be an issue with ICS and the latest verison skype. So happy its fixed now :)

Last edited:

krissboo

May 13, 2012
Sorry I haven't replied to anything Figo, been away for a few days and there wasn't any wireless where i was staying. I'm a bit knackered so will try and respond to some of your questions tomorrow if I get time. Hopefully your tablet is behaving itself and you're getting the hang of it.
I'll try and recommend some apps for you to get as well.