PLS! Help to Root Coby Kyros MID1042

mathsmom

Jun 25, 2012
I just purchased a Coby MID1042 with Ice cream Sandwich. I want to Root the tablet for many reasons:) I have looked all over the web and forums and can not find any DETAILED instructions. I am pretty good with PCs when it come to technical things but not tablets. I need very detailed inst for Rooting and hopefully installing a custom ROM. I have looked at inst for other tablets and I get a headache:eek:. I want some detailed inst in english please! If anyone would be willing to help - and I know there are others like me b/c I've read other pleas for the same. So please have a heart someone and help out a begging soul. Thx in advance!!!!

This is what I am looking for...
1 - download blah blah
2 - do this
3 - do this
4 - do this
5 - do this
6 - do this
etc etc

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
There are instructions posted, people simply don't use them, there will be no rooting until you guys get adb setup and running, once you do that it's very simple to root the device.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
My post isn't to belittle anyone, I was trying to only point out the fact adb is required, noone can help you guys until you get adb set.

And post what errors were encountered, but none the less, I withdraw my offer to help. I cant help anyone who wont help themselves and to lash out.

Last edited:

mathsmom

Jun 25, 2012
searched and searched can not find any help with this. It seems any questions on the 1042 are just ignored. Why?

I just purchased a Coby MID1042 with Ice cream Sandwich. I want to Root the tablet for many reasons:) I have looked all over the web and forums and can not find any DETAILED instructions. I am pretty good with PCs when it come to technical things but not tablets. I need very detailed inst for Rooting and hopefully installing a custom ROM. I have looked at inst for other tablets and I get a headache:eek:. I want some detailed inst in english please! If anyone would be willing to help - and I know there are others like me b/c I've read other pleas for the same. So please have a heart someone and help out a begging soul. Thx in advance!!!!

This is what I am looking for...
1 - download blah blah
2 - do this
3 - do this
4 - do this
5 - do this
6 - do this
etc etc

mathsmom

Jun 25, 2012
Well I ignored you because of your replies, which you have now removed

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ment/41398-google-play-coby-kyros-1042-a.html

If you were going to help to begin with you would have answered with useful information and listed the steps. Instead you reply with you need ADB and that's it. A helpful reply would be the steps it takes to root the MID1042 or a link to where they could be found. You obviously don't want to help and that is fine and doesn't hurt my feelings at all. I do question why you even bothered to reply to first post but whatever. And I wasn't posting to you now, I was posting trying to get help from someone willing to take the time to detail it out.

olysteve

Aug 26, 2012
I also need help with getting an image onto my mid1042-8, livesuit fails with an exclamation mark but no words on why it fails.
Please help! I need this tablet to function for a trip in a week.

olysteve

Aug 26, 2012
aww trag did you JUST learn the majik google?
Did you bother to LOOK at how very little real information is available for rooting these tablets?
Almost none.
Thanks for the almost attempt at helping.

Sent from my MID1042 using Tapatalk 2

un1ty

Oct 26, 2012
There are plenty of methods to root this..

Just grab an adb bash, and root it, in any case... Try this.

What is the real 'tragidy' here is that I joined simply to say this was an unintended inception joke.
If you google "ROOT MID1042", THIS VERY THREAD is number one. Unfortunately, the mods appear to not give a flying fornicate for the unfortunate users. Looks like this account will hit the dustbin too.