• Yes, a Groovy Grey case is what I will order

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, the Gotcha Green is my choice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Batfish Blue is going in my cart

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I want the Rockin' Raspberry, please

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Nice cases, but no thanks - I have what I need.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BobjGear

Feb 8, 2012
If there is enough interest, I can make high quality protective silicone cases for the Acer A500 similar to those I am making for the Toshiba Thrive.

These are not silicone skins, they are heavy duty protective silicone cases with three to six times the silicone as other cases. Possible colors, depending on interest, would be green, blue, grey, raspberry, and black. I could also consider adding a hard-shell travel case. The cases will sell for $23.99 to forum members, for a limited time, then the sales will open to the general pubic at a higher price.

You can look at these cases in detail at my web site. Click on this link: BobjGear.com, and look at the cases and at the great customer reviews at this Link: Amazon.com.

The poll results below will help me (and you) determine if there is enough interest.

Thanks for your poll response, in advance.

$CaseOnDock1c.jpg$CaseOnDock2c.jpg$Amazon TTSC10GRN_2 JPGc.jpg

Bobj

Last edited:

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Sweet. It does look like they slip on like Silicone Skins though.
These look like they would ba a great item for disabled individuals who are prone to dropping things. No malice here, just being practical. I know people with cerebral palsy who would love this.
One guy owns the A500 and is always very concerned about dropping it.

BobjGear

Feb 8, 2012
Sweet. It does look like they slip on like Silicone Skins though.
These look like they would ba a great item for disabled individuals who are prone to dropping things. No malice here, just being practical. I know people with cerebral palsy who would love this.
One guy owns the A500 and is always very concerned about dropping it.

Thanks for the comments, Androidfonefan. Yes, I do get feedback that it makes the tablets easier to hold, especially for folks with arthritic hands.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Hay BobJ I saw your wrap on Amazon, looks very good.
Can you make something in this line but more along the lines of a folio. I am going to do what I don't need to do and go get a TT today. I keep fighting with myself, I want it, don't need it, yah but I want it.....yah but you don't need it dumb ars. Well I lost the argument with myself. So I will be headed out at around 11:00 am to get it. And I would like to buy something from your Amazon sight to support the small business man and all but I really want a folio, you know kinda along this line. Amazon.com: thoshiba thrive folio

Just hit the link and look, would like something that protects well like your cover, but also has a close-able front and fully protective back. Swivles and has the adjustable base to it to allow the tablet to prop at various angles for viewing etc. I'll hold off on buying anything like this until I hear from you as to whether you can swing something like it. With the quality of your first product, if you can swing something in the way of a folio you could probably sell many. And I'd buy one.
Or you could make a prototype and use me as a gunipig, lol.

Last edited:

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
Why isn't Righteous Red one of the poll options? That is what I would want. I've got a silicone sleeve that is pretty good, but yours looks more substantial.

- Conrad

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Well since Bob never got back to this, I went ahead and bought the Toshiba portfolio off Amazon. Really would have liked one of the Marware portfolios for it but I could not find a Marware portfolio for the Toshiba Thrive.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Bobj,

I reckon they would look great. However I would need to know the cost of the case and the shipping cost to Australia before I can make a decision. There may be a possiblility of 3 units.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
People,

I had a response from Bobj on email. Basically said the poll did not go well as only 4 responded. Therefore, based on this, Bobj has decided not to go ahead with these for the A500.

I am very disappointed - it looked like a good idea for a case. It would have added extra protection against droppage and also made the A500 easier to hold. I would have bought 3.

However, all that said and done it is no point complaining - as they say "the fat lady has sung".
Maybe next time when someone drops it...

Ami

Jan 24, 2011
Douvie said:
People,

I had a response from Bobj on email. Basically said the poll did not go well as only 4 responded. Therefore, based on this, Bobj has decided not to go ahead with these for the A500.

I am very disappointed - it looked like a good idea for a case. It would have added extra protection against droppage and also made the A500 easier to hold. I would have bought 3.

However, all that said and done it is no point complaining - as they say "the fat lady has sung".

I saw on Amazon today that the company RooCases makes a portfolio style case for the Acer A500 that zips closed but that also includes a protective slip-on form-fittimg cover along with the folio case so that even outside of the folio case your tablet will have protection. I'm not sure if they are silicone or faux leather like the cases but I have seen them in black, red and magenta so far.

Ami

Jan 24, 2011
Douvie said:
People,

http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Executive-Portfolio-Landscape-10-1-Inch/dp/tech-data/B00547IV96

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011