Possible alternate ICS rom for 7022

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
Okay, so by now i'm sure most of us have tried out the new german ICS update for the 7022. At this point it very unstable, and not usable as a primary rom due to crashes and terrible video playback. I was browsing a forum on xda and came across a post saying that the cat nova TCC8803 has an ICS update published by the manufacturer. This tablet is based on the same chip as the mid7022, however it has a higher resolution screen and the rom will not work as it is configured for this higher resolution. I was thinking that perhaps someone could modify this rom to run on the 7022. Here is the link to the update, along with a video showing the tablet running the update.
Android 4.0 zum Flashen für Cat Nova

Last edited by a moderator:

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Can you flash it and make a backup with clockworkmod recovery. BTW once you flash it, it replaces your recovery with the one inside the rom so you are going to have to reflash clockworkmod recovery.

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
Will do. Do I need to flash lk.rom, or just the image? It's a FWDN update package and I haven't had much experience with this type of flashing.

paintballeralex07

May 24, 2012
Will do. Do I need to flash lk.rom, or just the image? It's a FWDN update package and I haven't had much experience with this type of flashing.

Don't flash the lk.rom its not for the 7022, it might brick your tablet. Just flash the image boot and then recovery and backup. Btw you might have to reflash CWM recovery. I'm sure the flash rom replaces it.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
Tried to flash the image, but it got to about 80% finished and would go no further. Left it on for about an hour but nothing happened.

.Tully.

Jul 31, 2012
Again, as paintballeralex07 it wrote: THIS IS NOT A ROM FOR THE MID7022 !!! Don't try to flash it on your 7022.

The video show the Cat Nova Tablet (Willkommen bei Cat Sound Berlin). This company has a tablet named Cat Star Gate, which had the same hardware like the MID7022 - but they don't have ICS for it :)

Please rename and close these thread !!

Last edited:

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
Again, as paintballeralex07 it wrote: THIS IS NOT A ROM FOR THE MID7022 !!! Don't try to flash it on your 7022.

The video show the Cat Nova Tablet (Willkommen bei Cat Sound Berlin). This company has a tablet named Cat Star Gate, which had the same hardware like the MID7022 - but they don't have ICS for it :)

Please rename and close these thread !!

No one ever said that this was for the mid7022. If you actually read what I wrote, I said that since the rom is for a tablet based on the same chip as the 7022, someone may be able to modify the rom to work with the 7022. And yes the CAT Nova Tablet does indeed have a TCC88033 chip which is the same as in the mid7022. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1326071.

Last edited:

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Erf, there is a TCC8803 in the 7022, no TCC8033.

I don't know if it's worth the try...

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You might have better luck if you built a cwm recovery update out of it.

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
I just made a typo, the cat nova does have the TCC8803. look at this picture from a teardown of the device. http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=766594&d=1320008895
Ok, not yours, the typo is from the thread you link on xda ;)

@Vampire :
what would you mean ? Ask for a nandroid backup of the device ?
Don't understand the "cwm recovery update" part. How a recovery could help us ?

Sorry if this is stupid question, english is not my native language (maybe you already understood that ^^)

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
You might have better luck if you built a cwm recovery update out of it.
How would I go about doing this? I tried to flash the image using FWDN so I could make a backup with CWM but it got to about 80% through and then would go no further.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You split fwdn image remove the system from it, unpack system then place the system in a zip file make the update script place in the zip then install via cwm. Just like an other cwm rom. You would need to have the german version already installed cause you would need its kernel to run ics.

Last edited:

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
You split fwdn image remove the system from it, unpack system then place the system in a zip file make the update script place in the zip then install via cwm. Just like an other cwm rom. You would need to have the german version already installed cause you would need its kernel to run ics.

Okay I will try this. I have the german ICS currently installed so shud be fine there. I'm kind of new to the the whole android development scene, could you tell me what tools I can use to split the fwdn image and unpack the system?

Thanks