Possible alternate ICS rom for 7022

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ok got home, split the image for you and unpacked system, I am uploading now, I added a quick cwm script, if for some reason or other, you get an error you might need to adjust the update script, I have no way to test, but this should work as is. You need to already have German version install cause you will use it's kernel.

cat_nova_ics.zip

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
Ok got home, split the image for you and unpacked system, I am uploading now, I added a quick cwm script, if for some reason or other, you get an error you might need to adjust the update script, I have no way to test, but this should work as is. You need to already have German version install cause you will use it's kernel.

cat_nova_ics.zip

Awesome man, thanks for all your help. Will download and test shortly. I tried to do it myself but when i flashed my zip the only thing that i noticed that changed was the apps that came with the cat nova ics had been installed. Most likely I made a mistake somewhere though.

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
Ok so i flashed the zip, and it installed fine. When i reboot it never gets past the coby screen it just stays there for a while and boots back into CWM.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ok so i flashed the zip, and it installed fine. When i reboot it never gets past the coby screen it just stays there for a while and boots back into CWM.

in cwm do a factory reset then see if it boots, also see if you can get a logcat during boot.

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
in cwm do a factory reset then see if it boots, also see if you can get a logcat during boot.
Did factory reset in CWM still won't boot. Only thing logcat shows during boot is this line

link_image[1936]: 806 could not load needed library 'libc.so' for '/system/bin/sh' (load_library[1091]: Library 'libc.so' not found)CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Will do. Do I need to flash lk.rom, or just the image? It's a FWDN update package and I haven't had much experience with this type of flashing.
ht7.jpg
jh88.jpg
dh6.jpg
ht3.jpg
Read the whole thread... Not only the first and the last post... It should be better for the health of your tablet ^^

@ryancut : can you tell me the size of your system partition on 7022 ? (you can see it with titanium backup or system info pro)
On 8127, it's only 188Mo.
The system directory of the cat ROM is at least 202Mo so it doesn't fit. I will need to trim it. Maybe you had the same problem so the installation does not succeed.

@Vampire : thanks a lot for your help !

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Did factory reset in CWM still won't boot. Only thing logcat shows during boot is this line

link_image[1936]: 806 could not load needed library 'libc.so' for '/system/bin/sh' (load_library[1091]: Library 'libc.so' not found)CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE
sounds like the rom isn't compatible with the German kernel. I guess you could flash the cat kernel and see what happens it's in the fwdn image also.

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
Read the whole thread... Not only the first and the last post... It should be better for the health of your tablet ^^

@ryancut : can you tell me the size of your system partition on 7022 ? (you can see it with titanium backup or system info pro)
On 8127, it's only 188Mo.
The system directory of the cat ROM is at least 202Mo so it doesn't fit. I will need to trim it. Maybe you had the same problem so the installation does not succeed.

@Vampire : thanks a lot for your help !

Yeh in titanium backup it says the system rom is 188mb.

@Vampirefo, yeh i was doing some research on an xda thread and the guy that ported CM7 and cwm to telechips said that the german ICS uses the old GB kernal, so that's probably the problem.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
To check your system partition size either via adb or terminàl type.
Make sure system is mounted.

busybox df -h

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
That sounds like your system size not system partition size, should be around 300mb. What percent of partition used?

Last edited:

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
This is what I get when i do "adb shell df -h" in adb. (using windows for this)

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs 195.1M 32.0K 195.1M 0% /dev

tmpfs 195.1M 0 195.1M 0% /mnt/asec

tmpfs 195.1M 0 195.1M 0% /mnt/obb
/dev/block/mtdblock2 180.0M 158.6M 21.4M 88% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock5 258.0M 209.8M 48.2M 81% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock4 40.0M 12.1M 27.9M 30% /cache

Last edited: