Possible alternate ICS rom for 7022

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
WOW, that is a small system, perhaps you could remove some of the apps from the zip file I uploaded, anyway thanks for posting the info.

ryancut

Jul 7, 2012
WOW, that is a small system, perhaps you could remove some of the apps from the zip file I uploaded, anyway thanks for posting the info.

Ok so deleted unnecessary apps from your zip file and got the zip file to 109mb and the extracted file size to 179mb. Flashed the zip with apps removed and now when I boot it just hangs on the coby logo and doesn't reboot in CWM like before. This is what I get from logat during boot now.

--------- beginning of /dev/log/main

I/DEBUG ( 750): debuggerd: Jun 5 2012 12:33:06

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
I think you'll have to trim it more. When I've tried to port ROM I had to make the system fit about 150Mb max. Don't know why it take more space when it's flashed... Maybe there is some cache on system partition too ? :(

However, before rebooting the phone after flashing, you can check if all the files has been copied.
Run 'adb shell' and 'ls' the /system to check if all directories are there and also check that all needed files are in xbin directory.
If not, trim it more ^^

It's very annoying that CWM does not warn when there is not enough space in /system...

I don't know what you've already deleted from the rom, but there is some files you can remove without altering the boot process :
/system/media/alarm
/system/media/notifications
/system/media/ringtones
/system/tts/lang_pico => remove langages that you don't need
in system/app you can remove Email, Exchange, Gallery2, Browser, DeskClock, Phone, TelephonyProvider, Music, Calculator, Maps, VideoEditor, Gmail, EsExplorer, youtube, Talk
You can replace Launcher2 with a lighter launcher.apk file.

I know there will not stay many things in the ROM, but first thing is to get it to boot ^^

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
Vampirefo. : the link you gave to extract files seems dead. Is it possible to extract the boot.img of the cat nova rom ?
Thanks !

Kiiv

Jun 13, 2012
This seems nice. Thank you very much !

Edit : I suddenly have a doubt... This is for extracting data from a boot.img, isn't it ? I'm looking for something to extract the file "boot.img" out of the cat nova ROM files, the same files from which you extract the system files. Don't know if it is even possible...

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This seems nice. Thank you very much !

Edit : I suddenly have a doubt... This is for extracting data from a boot.img, isn't it ? I'm looking for something to extract the file "boot.img" out of the cat nova ROM files, the same files from which you extract the system files. Don't know if it is even possible...
This is to extract system.img recovery.img boot.img from fwdn.
Compile tccunpack this will unpack the firmware.

Last edited: