Possible release date for the 3.1 update

kes601

May 23, 2011
Not fair. Its my birthday today, I should get the update:)

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

sele

Jun 18, 2011
Happy Birthday!!! Here's hoping you get your update before the day is done!

gerryex

Apr 30, 2011
I'm in Florida too (Tampa area), but no update for me!! I even tried to ask for an update but it just gave me the standard system is up to date message. Oh well, I assume I'll get it soon but it is kind on frustrating!!

Gerry

Jun 15, 2011
Today is my bday as well so let me see if I get a bday gift in NJ... brb

Edit: Nothing for me today :-(

Edit 2: according to this site its july 5th for the 3.1 release date.
http://androidcommunity.com/acer-iconia-tab-a500-to-get-android-3-1-update-july-5-at-least-in-germany-20110623/

Last edited:

richdz

Jul 5, 2011
I just got an update and installed, however, honeycomb version still shows 3.0.1? Was this the update we been waiting for? I'm in SoCal

FarmerTed

May 14, 2011
I've got 3.1 now, anyone that has replaced wpa_supplicant or removed the phone and telephony apks will need to put them back before the update will install successfully.

Somethings I've noticed:

Market browsing remembers where you are so you don't have to scroll back to where you were
App menu scrolls faster and more smoothly
NO MORE CELL STANDBY BATTERY USAGE
Movie editor app

Overall it feels more polished and smooth, I'm hoping it's also more stable and my Iconia doesn't crash or freeze anymore. We'll see what happens over the next few days! :)

jdclarkson

Jun 23, 2011
Mine also still shows 3.0.1 after report of successful update. Not sure what I have to do now. I am in Mexico.

deadlychicken

Jul 5, 2011
stil no update in australia, although did just find ite that said acer had announced that all a500 owners would get the update on 5th july, i would'paste a link if i knew how to on this thing :)