Possible to add Bluetooth to 9" 4Sight 4SPA0310C running Android 4.0.4 Kernel 3.0.8 ?

docgear

Aug 14, 2013
I purchased a 9" 4Sight(brought to you by the Illuminati according to Youtube) Tablet. It runs Android 4.0.4 Kernel 3.0.8. The distribution and some other quirks make me believe it is running bootleg Android, as there is no Bluetooth in this tablet, and the Google Apps store isn't installed. The distro has some other odd quirks as well.

Now, note: I asked before buying it whether or not it had a Bluetooth. I have to have a Bluetooth to run an Arduino based add-on in my machine shop.

No Bluetooth = I'm screwed.

The total investment thus far at $50, including shipping.

I'm ticked that the seller lied, but I'm not surprised, it is just the way of the world right now.

The Tablet is not bad for $50, but I have to have a Bluetooth.

Is there any way to be sure that a Bluetooth will work with this Tablet without buying a Bluetooth USB dongle, and USB to MiniUSB converter ? I can get both for $12 total on Ebay, but I don't want to spend $12 extra just to find out it won't work.

For the extra $12 I can send this one back and get my money back.

I'd like to find another broken HP Touchpad and fix it, as I love the one I have and I am familiar with their repair.