Possibly I've damaged CWM recovery?

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Hacking' started by kirbo719, Jan 14, 2016.

1. kirbo719

kirbo719 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Lenovo IdeaTab A2109
    I'm hoping someone can assist determining whether I've destroyed the OS and even damaged recovery, or if there's something simple in recovery I'm forgetting to do.

Some months ago, I bricked a Lenovo A2109 tablet. I was tired and frustraited and managed to screw things up pretty good.

I boxed the tablet for another day. A year later, it's time to see if I can ressurect the tablet. I have access to CWM v6.0.2.8, I have USB connectivity (but debug is not enabled), and I can execute ADB commands via USB cable.

Here's what I've attempted:

Power on, obtain black & white Lenovo icon. After 15 seconds, it seems to reboot, and again presents the Lenovo incon. We're in an endless loop.

Boot to recovery presents: "CWM-based Recovery v6.0.2.8"

I get the full CWM menu. If I perform "wipe data/facory reset" the log states:
    Wiping data...
    Formatting /data...
    Formatting /cache...
    Formatting /sd-ext...
    Formatting /sdcard/ .android_secure...
    Data wipe complete.

If I then attempt to reboot system, I obtain the bootstrap endless loop.

If I use Recovery to install a zip from external SD card: (A2109A_MCL0201.zip), I obtain:
    Finding update package...
    Opening update package...
    Installing update...
    Install from sdcard complete.

Then reboot system, obtain:
    White Lenovo logo on screen (endless loop)

If I attempt a sideload recovery, by obtaining command line on the Win7 computer and executing:
    adb sideload a2109_stockrecovery.img (which if I recall correctly is the Lenovo stock Android OS ver 4.x)

I obtain:
    daemon started successfully
    sending: 'a2109_stockrecovery.img' 100%

Then on tablet I obtain:
    Opening update package...
    E:Can't open /tmp/update.zip
    (bad)
    Installation aborted.

From this trail, is anyone able to suggest how I might reload an operating system?

I believe the error messages are telling me I've managed somehow to destroy some directory structures in what remains of the OS on the tablet (and I'll be darned if I can remember which stupid human trick I performed to do that).

Lenovo LeTools and Lenovo Smart Assistant both report lack of connectivity. Both say "enable debug mode," which of course I'm unable to do since I can't boot into Android.

Suggestions appreciated, and I think your for your time in advance!

Bob