Post your Augen gentouch Software setups here!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
No, sorry if I wasn't clear. Beautiful Widgets works without being rooted. You need to root to do the screencaps.

-mb

Okay but are those posted software is what you had used? Can you give us some of your steps of how you had applied this UI. To help others here also? Thanks.

MoreBeer

Aug 18, 2010
Sure. The soft buttons in the task bar is the leaked 20-Aug update that was floating around last night. The Live Wallpaper is the Droid 2 wallpaper I think I got from Droid-Life.com ... And the clock/weather widget is from Beautiful Widgets.

I have a Motorola Droid running Sapphire Mod, so that is how I get all my applications. Buy/download them from Market, then use Astro File Manager to back the apps up to my MicroSD card, and copy them to the MicroSD on my GT.

To get to where you see my screenshot from last night, here were the steps:

Find and download the 20-August Augen Update
Wipe Data and Cache on your GT, effectively clearing everything
Install the Augen update per instructions
Boot and configure the GT
Install Clockwork Recovery (per the wiki)
Get LincKraker's enhanced ZIP (I think it is on Slatedroid)
Save it to the root of your SD as "update.zip"
Reboot into recovery and select the "Install update.zip" option
Let it finish. Thanks to LincKraker's work, you now have the augen-neutered applications back, and your device is rooted!
Find and install the apps I posted in my earlier thread. Either do what I do and hunt them down with another Android device, or they the market fix.

Sorry this is brief, I'm typing this on my iPad while my wife drives us out of town for the weekend. This post assumes you have intermediate familiarity with android! Plus, no idea if the "real" update will be the same as what was leaked last night. Your best bet is to hang out on the IRC mentioned in the wiki. Augendev.wikispaces.com or something.

HTH!!

-mb

aaoflaca

Aug 12, 2010
I wonder why I cannot download Beautiful Widget, it cannot find it, well I guess it is develop for 2.0 or higher and we have the market for 1.6. Have anyone try a fix for the 2.1 market.

Thanks
jdelgado

I just got the 2.1 market working yesterday, you can use this link for full detail

First disconnect GT from your PC if connected, then follow the following

0) Follow the instruction from the Wiki ==> http://augendev.wikispaces.com/Market+Fix
till step 13 , then continue with the following

1) Download the Android 2.0 - API Level 5 from the SDK , and then follow the instruction from the link above.

2) down the .ZIP file and follow the instruction to get the emulator working
Google Translate

3) Navigate till you access the market from the emulator, try to download any app from the emulator

4) RUN ==> adb shell qlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "select * from meta";

You'll get a readout with a line that looks like

androidId||27283232........38434 (a big number)

That last number beginning after the bar is your android ID.

5) Connect GT to your PC through USB
6) RUN ==> adb shell qlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='PUT_EMULATOR_ANDROIDID_HERE' where name='androidId'";
7) Enjoy the full Android Market

I'm using this since yesterday, and rebooted several times, and still working

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Well I trying it a different way. Finally got the 64-bit drivers working on W7U but none of the AuGen Gentouch 64-bit would work. I had to go a different route. Below is a virtual - real-time view capture shot without rooting the device. Using my mouse pointer I can move around the device and install/run/remove apps. Explore the hidden root file system.

41083_424711762948_579882948_4993146_855540_n.jpg

I'll trying to mod it and see if I can change the look of the UI

Last edited:

obiwan22

Aug 9, 2010
Well I trying it a different way. Finally got the 64-bit drivers working on W7U but none of the AuGen Gentouch 64-bit would work. I had to go a different route. Below is a virtual - real-time view capture shot without rooting the device. Using my mouse pointer I can move around the device and install/run/remove apps. Explore the hidden root file system.

41083_424711762948_579882948_4993146_855540_n.jpg

I'll trying to mod it and see if I can change the look of the UI

howd you do that?!

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
45408_424781002948_579882948_4994600_7954814_n.jpg

Okay this is what I've got to work. All what you seen was done on the PC side (download/install) I could have configured it also. Capture not HRES though, but good enough for my purpose to show you.The software is still beta though for x64 and x64 USB drivers I got from another source. But if you don't want do the root your GT78 this is another way you can do it. You do have access to all your files, sub files the root and everything on the main device plus access to \SDcard.

Device Manager (Android) - Android ADB Phone Interface x64 for Windows 7
PdaNet for Android x64-bit USB drivers works right out of the box once you connect the unit to your x64 W7U (none of the drivers from AuGen for Gentouch 78 didn't work)

UltimateFavs Pro for Android
UltimateFaves lets you organize your most frequently used items (apps, bookmarks, contact cards, phone numbers, etc.) in beautiful 3D carousels on your Android home screen. (this works creat on GT78 and doesn't take over like the other stuff in this class.

So now I just move my finger left or right and the 3D carousel holds about 16 apps turns around in a 360d circle. You can adjust the speed. This works right after you install it and open it. Press Menu to return to the prior desktop or configure it to do that when you run app from the carousel.

Last edited:

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
If you're rooted you can do screen shot right from the device by using the app Drocap.apk... you just have to set it to trigger from the notification bar... it loads set to capture via "shake" by default but since this thing doesnt' have a g-sensor... it works pretty good from my experience...

but on another note.. i've tried to upload the screenshots directly to this website via the Gentouch.. it won't give you an option to do so.. only load from url... WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?!!!!!...lol

and yes i know i can via my pc..

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
$a.jpg$b.jpg$c.jpg$d.jpg$e.jpg

Rooted...
Clockwork recovery...
New Update...

it just keeps getting better...

working on the Market fix..

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
Looks good! What launcher is that?

-mb

it's Launcher Pro

www.Launcherpro.com

you can download directly from the developers website right on the gentouch... lots of options, NUMBER OF SCREENS, NUMBER OF DOCKS, ASSIGN APPS TO EACH DOCK SLOT, ASSIGN WHICH HOME SCREEN YOU WANT AS THE MAIN, TONS MORE... a bit of a beast to set up.. but once you get it going it's great... plus it has a built in back up option.. if you do a reload and have to rebuild your homescreens it has them backed up.. all you have to do is load your apps back on and then do a launcher pro restore and your screens are back to what they were before... ALL BUT WIDGETS OF COURSE.. THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE VIA ANDROID AT THE MOMENT...

if you need any help setting it up i can tell you how i have the settings...

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
it's Launcher Pro

www.Launcherpro.com

you can download directly from the developers website right on the gentouch... lots of options, NUMBER OF SCREENS, NUMBER OF DOCKS, ASSIGN APPS TO EACH DOCK SLOT, ASSIGN WHICH HOME SCREEN YOU WANT AS THE MAIN, TONS MORE... a bit of a beast to set up.. but once you get it going it's great... plus it has a built in back up option.. if you do a reload and have to rebuild your homescreens it has them backed up.. all you have to do is load your apps back on and then do a launcher pro restore and your screens are back to what they were before... ALL BUT WIDGETS OF COURSE.. THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE VIA ANDROID AT THE MOMENT...

if you need any help setting it up i can tell you how i have the settings...

Yes! Share with all of us your secrets, don't hold back! We all here need to help each other out!
Step by step process. Thanks

MoreBeer

Aug 18, 2010
ah, that is the most info I've seen on Launcher Pro yet. The backup feature sounds extremely handy, especially with the rate I've been nuking my GT at. I'll definitely check it out. Thanks!

-mb

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
FIRST YOU DON'T NEED ROOT FOR LAUNCHER PRO...
SORRY FOR ALL CAPS.. ON A WORK PC..
SORRY FOR BEING SO SPECIFIC.. THOUGHT IT BEST TO MAKE IT CLEAR FOR ANYONE THAT THIS DEVICE MIGHT BE THEIR FIRST ANDROID EXPERIENCE..

DOWNLOAD THE APP DIRECTLY FROM THE SITE LISTED.. WWW.LAUNCHERPRO.COM (AND YOU MAY WANT TO VISIT BACK FROM TIME TO TIME TO SEE IF THERE ARE UPDATES, FREDE (DEVELOPER)
UPDATES FAIRLY REGUALRLY IT'S AT THE BOTTOM OF THE FORUM ENTRY FOR THE CURRENT VERSION HE HAS POSTED.

CLICK THE LINK IN THE NOTIFICATION BAR WHEN IT SAYS IT HAS FINISHED DOWNLOADING... INSTALL AS YOU WOULD ANY APP

ONCE YOU GET IT ON YOUR TABLET HIT THE HOME BUTTON, IT'LL ASK IF YOU WANNA GO TO THE REGUALR HOME OR LAUNCHER PRO... I SUGGEST HOLDING OFF ON MAKING IT THE DEFAULT TILL YOU GET IT SET UP HOW YOU LIKE.. YOU MAY WANNA REFER TO YOUR OTHER HOME SCREENS TO SEE YOUR SET UP... PLUS YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT.. YA NEVER KNOW..

PLACING APP SHORTCUTS AND THE LIKE IS JUST LIKE THE REGULAR HOME..EITHER FROM THE APP DRAWER LONG PRESS TILL YOU GET A VIBE AND PLACE WHERE YOU WANT IT OR FROM THE HOME SCREEN LONG PRESS AND THEN PICKING "SHORTCUTS" THEN SELECT THE APP,..
SAME FOR FOLDERS, AND FOR THOSE THAT DON'T KNOW HOW... YOU RENAME FOLDER BY OPENING THEM AND LONG PRESSING ON THE TITLE BAR AT THE TOP.. THEN IT GIVES AN OPTION TO RENAME THE FOLDER...
YOU PLACE WIDGETS IN SIMILAR FASHION.. LONG PRESS, SELECT "WIDGET" PICK WHAT YOU WANT YADA, YADA, YADA.. YOU GET THE IDEA

OK TO GET INTO THE SET UP OF THE LAUNCHER HIT THE MENU BUTTON YOU'LL FIND A NEW TAB IN THE LOWER SCREEN MENU "PREFERENCES".. THESE ARE SPECIFICALLY FOR LAUNCHER PRO AND WHERE YOU MANAGE THE SETTINGS FOR LAUNCHER PRO...

THERE IS GENERAL.. HERE YOU CAN
  1. HIDE APPS FROM THE APP DRAWER, FAIRLY SELF EXPLANITORY WHEN YOU GET INTO IT...
  2. KEEP IN MEMORY.. I SUGGEST NOT USING IT UNLESS IT CRASHES ON YOU ALOT
  3. ENABLE SCROLLABLE WIDGETS.. FOR WIDGETS LIKE FACE BOOK THAT YOU SCROLL WITHIN THE WIDGET...
  4. MOTOROLA DROID HACK.. DOES NOT APPLY...LOL
HOMESCREEN SETTINGS....
  1. NUMBER OF SCREENS... SET IT FROM 1-7 DEPENDING ON YOUR NEEDS, WORD OF WARNING.. THE MORE SCREENS YOU HAVE AND MORE YOU HAVE ON THEM THE MORE MEMORY THIS LAUNCHER TAKES UP... AND THE LONGER IT WILL TAKE TO REWRITE THE SCREENS WHEN DOING TRANSITIONS AND RELOADING THE HOME'S
  2. DEFAULT SCREEN... TELLS THE LAUNCHER WHICH OF THE SCREENS TO USE AS THE DEFAULT
  3. ENABLE TRACK BALL SCROLLING... WE DOENT HAVE A TRACK BALL.. DOES NOT APPLY
DOCK SETTINGS....
  1. NUMBER OF DOCKS... SETS THE NUMBER OF DOCKS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN YOU CAN SCROLL THROUGH 1-3, EACH HAS 5 PLACES YOU CAN ADD CUSTOM SHORTCUTS AND CUSTOM ICONS... YOU'LL HAVE TO READ ON THE LAUNCHER PRO FORUM,(ON THIER WEBSITE) ON HOW TO DO CUSTOMS THEY CAN GET COMPLICATED...
  2. ENABLE LOOP SCROLLING.. EXACTLY LIKE IT SAYS.. WHEN YOU'VE SCROLLED FROM DOCK 1 TO 2 TO 3 AND CONTINUE IN THE SAME DIRECTION IT GOES BACK TO 1.. AND THE SAME FOR IN REVERSE...
  3. THE REST OF THE OPTIONS ARE REALLY FOR USE ON A CELL PHONE... THEY REFER TO NOTIFICATIONS IN THE DOCKS.. THE ONLY ONE THAT MIGHT APPLY IS THE GMAIL ONE.. IF YOU HAVE A MESSAGE IN GMAIL IT WILL SHOW HOW MANY ON THE DOCK ICON...
BEHAVIOR SETTINGS...
  1. ENABLE AUTO ROTATION... NOT APPLICABLE.. NO G-SENSOR.. SO IT DOESNT WORK
  2. HOME KEY ACTION....DETERMINS THE BEHAVIOR FOR HOW THE LAUNCHER ACTS WHEN YOU PRESS HOME AND YOU'RE ON YOUR DEFAULT HOME SCREEN... I HAVE MINE SET FOR "OPEN/CLOSE SCREEN PREVIEWS" SINCE THIS THIG DOESN'T SUPPORT MULTITOUCH AS OF YET... WHEN IT DOES YOU CAN PICH A ND GET SCREEN PREVIEWS. THILL THEN I THINK THIS IS THE ONLY WAY
  3. HOME KEY TO DEFAULT SCREEN... IF YOU'RE OFF YOUR DEFAULT SCREEN HITTING THE HOME WILL TAKE YOU TO THE DEFAULT SCREEN... HANDY, I WOULD SUGGEST ENABLING IT.
APPEARANCE SETTINGS.... I'LL LET YOU EXPLORE THIS ONE.. LOTS OF OPTIONS FROM SETTING THE BACKGOUND ON THE DOCKS TO THE COLOR OF HIGHLIGHT AROUND AN ITEM WHEN YOU SELECT IT... ONE ITEM I SUGGEST YOU NOT ENABLE IS "HIDE NOTIFICATION BAR"... MIGHT BECOME AN ISSUE UNLESS YOU ENABLE IT VIA SWYPE GESTURE ON ONE OF THE DOCK SLOTS, I'LL DISCRIBE THAT LATER... PERSONALLY THE ONLY THING I HAVE ENABLED HERE THE WIDE FROYO STYLE DOCK BACK GROUND, "SHOW SCREEN INDICATOR" AND "HOME BUTTON ON APP DRAWER".. MAKES THIGNS A LITTLE EASIER INSTEAD OF THE REACH AROUND...LOL

IN THE ADVANCED MENU THERE ARE SEVERAL OPTIONS OF WHICH THE MOST IMPORTANT IS THE "MEMORY USAGE SETTINGS SETTINGS"... THE MORE YOU PUT ON YOUR SCREENS THE HIGHER YOU HAVE TO JACK UP THE MEM SETTINGS.. OTHER WISE YOU GET LAGS WHE YOU TRANSITION BETWEEN SCREENS OR SWITCH ORIENTATION.. AND "PREVENT FORCE-CLOSES"... I HAVE MINE SET ON MEDIUM MEM SETTING AND THE PREVENT F-C BOX CHECKED

THE OTHER OPTIONS ARE FAIRLY SELF EXPLANITORY .. THE ONES THAT I HAVE ENABLED ARE THE "ELASTIC SCROLLING" AND THE "USE 3D DRAWER"

THE REMAINING MAIN MENU OPTIONS ARE "UNLOCK LAUNCER PRO".... YOU CAN BUY THE FULL APP FROM THE LAUNCHER PRO SITE IF YOU LIKE, TO SUPPORT THE DEVELOPER, BUT MOST OF THESE FEAUTURES ARE REALLY ENHANCMENTS FOR A SMARTPHONE... I HAVE THE FULL VERSION ON MY MOTO DROID1

THEN YOU HAVE "BACK UP HOMESCREENS & SETTINGS".. IT DOES EXACTLY THAT... SCREENS AND SETTINGS.. THIS DOES NOT BACK UP YOUR APPS.... JUST WHERE YOU HAVE THEM IN SHORTCUT ON YOUR SCREENS... SAY IN THE EVENT YOU HAVE TO RELOAD YOUR APPS I WOULD SUGGEST "ASTRO FILE MANAGER"... IT HAS TOOLS THAT WILL BACK UP APPS PLUS LOTS OF OTHER GOODIES... ONCE YOU GET EVERY THING ON THE DEVICE AGAIN THEN YOU CAN DO THE "RESTORE BACKUP" OPTION IN THE MENU OF LAUNCHER PRO AND WHALA YOUR SCREENS ARE BACK TO WHAT YOU HAD... FOLDER AND APPS... ANDROID DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO BACK UP WIDGETS,(WELL AT LEAST NOT WITH OUT HAVEING ROOT ACCESS... YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SD CARD FOR THIS OPTION TO WORK, AS THE BACK UP IS STORED TO THE SD CARD....

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST... "RESET DEFAULTS"... IT SETS LAUNCHER PRO BACK TO THE DEFAULT STATE AT FIRST LOAD...

NOW FOR A FEW TID BITS ON OPERATION.. WE WENT OVER SETTING APP SHORTCUTS, WIDGETS AND FOLDERS.. LEAVING PRETTY MUCH THE SET UP OF THE DOCKS... TO SET A DOCK ITEM... YOU HAVE TO LONG PRESS AND IT WILL GIVE YOU OPTIONS TO SET THE DOCK ITEM DEPENDING ON WHAT APPS YOU HAVE INSTALLED ON YOUR DEVICE. IF YOU DECIDE TO ADD A SPECIFIC APP SHORTCUT BY HITTING THE APPLICATIONS TAB THEN IT WILL TAKE A MINUITE OR SO TO COMPILE A LIST OF AVAILABLE ITEMS... BE PATIENT!!!... HIGH LIGHTS TO TAKE NOTE OF ARE THE THE "HOMESCREENS" BUTTONS... IF YOU HAVE THEM SELECTED AND TAP THEM THE SCREENS SCROLL FROM SIDE TO SIDE DEPENDING ON WHICH ONE YOU HAVE SET... I HAVE ONE EACH "PREVIOUS" AND "NEXT" ON RESPECTIVE SIDES OF ONE OF THE DOCKS TO HELP WITH SCROLLING BECAUSE IT CAN BE A BIT OF A BEAR TO SCROLL ON THIS THING.. THOUGH I MUST SAY THE DEVICE IS DEFF MORE RESPONSIVE WITH THE NEW UPDATE...

I THINK THAT ABOUT COVERS IT.. IF I THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE I'LL EDIT IT IN... IF YOU NEED SOME MORE SCREEN SHOTS I'LL BE GLAD TO POST AS WELL BUT I THINK I COVERED MOST ANYTHING THAT'S IMPORTANT... ENJOY... :D

Last edited: