Potential fix for those with "error" on wifi

meepinator

Jan 1, 2012
After some collaborative work between several people on this forum, the problem may have been found that caused some people to "error" their wifi after rooting. It appears that mid-run, Craig changed the wifi adapter in their tablets, and the rooted ROM that was posted by m3red only covers about 50% of the tablets.

m3red's posted ROM contains wireless drivers for RALINK hardware, and these will not work if you have Realtek wireless hardware, resulting in the "error".

REMEMBER! If you are not having this issue, there is no need to do this, continuing may cause you to lose working wifi.

For those that have their wifi giving them an "error" message, try the following steps:

Step 1. Download the original ROM of the Realtek wireless tablets here: realtekcraig738b.img
Step 2. Rename the file "update.img", without quotes.
Step 3. Place the file on a micro-SD card, preferably empty.
Step 4. Power the tablet down if turned on, and place the micro-SD card in the tablet.
Step 5. Turn on the tablet, and wait for it to prompt you with an update message. You may need to let the device completely boot before the message appears.
Step 6. Accept the message, and the device should reboot and begin installing the firmware.
Step 7. Once the install is complete, it should reboot again, and may take several minutes to finish booting.
Step 8. After you complete the setup procedure, you should have a tablet with working wifi again.
Step 9. Post here as to whether or not this procedure worked for you.

Remember, this is not rooted, this is just a fix for those that have broken wifi.

This is not guaranteed to work, though it seems to have already helped several people.

Credits to m3red for the original instructions.

Last edited:

meepinator

Jan 1, 2012
The other Thread has been updated with the ROM for REALTEK hardware.

Thanks to Vdub and Meep.. :)

Ah, okay. I just put this one up last night because as of then, there wasn't a concrete place to find this fix.

Jan 2, 2012
Hello I am wondering if this fix applies to a just bought China 10.2 android 2.3 superpad flytouch 6. My son had his computer stolen and I thought this could work as alternative. We were so disappointed when although it turned on, it would not connect to the the password( we entered it) wireless router location, or even when my son turned off wifi and tried to directly connect with router. We kept getting " no Internet connection. I had another friend purchase one around same time and he had sane problem though he said he was able to connect once at his home on his wireless password, but wouldn't do it again. He just sent his back for refund and said it cost him 60.00 plus 19.00 import fees just to return!! I really would appreciate any advice that may resolve this problem including if this fix addresses the issue. Also dont really understand if one needs to " flash" or "root", think root is used to customize like breaking firewalls???? So untechy how do you all learn this stuff... Impressive!!

m3red

Oct 19, 2011
Hello I am wondering if this fix applies to a just bought China 10.2 android 2.3 superpad flytouch 6. My son had his computer stolen and I thought this could work as alternative. We were so disappointed when although it turned on, it would not connect to the the password( we entered it) wireless router location, or even when my son turned off wifi and tried to directly connect with router. We kept getting " no Internet connection. I had another friend purchase one around same time and he had sane problem though he said he was able to connect once at his home on his wireless password, but wouldn't do it again. He just sent his back for refund and said it cost him 60.00 plus 19.00 import fees just to return!! I really would appreciate any advice that may resolve this problem including if this fix addresses the issue. Also dont really understand if one needs to " flash" or "root", think root is used to customize like breaking firewalls???? So untechy how do you all learn this stuff... Impressive!!

This is for the Craig CMP738B tablet. But ill look on the main forum for you flytouch6 and ill edit this post with a link for you.

Try this thread. Its has other Flytouch tablets. [click here]

If you cant find anything about your model of tablet i would post in Gingerbread thread.

Sent from my Craig CMP738B Rooted with working Android Market and Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2012
Wow even more impressive. you are like the tech angels!! Thank you so much for the lightening fast response! You tech guys are the unsung heroes to those of us with lesser or no tech skills. I will follow your instructions, but actually did not find search box or when I did ( looked at so many sites now not sure) I found no match. It appears less is more in the tech search boxes as I put specifics. Lesson learned. Wishing you a very Happy New Year!!

bproy

Jan 10, 2012
This did the trick. Thanks guys. That link took it back to stock and restored wifi. Then I installed the proper root from red's original post and it works like a champ. Well, a slow champ. I need it faster. I cant take hearing my son gripe about how angry birds lags.

nawafpower

Nov 30, 2011
I agree, this update fixed my Craig CMP738b with wifi error and works normal. I only have trouble streaming Netflix, downloaded the apps but couldn't be able to make it stream. any help with this issue?

meepinator

Jan 1, 2012
This did the trick. Thanks guys. That link took it back to stock and restored wifi. Then I installed the proper root from red's original post and it works like a champ. Well, a slow champ. I need it faster. I cant take hearing my son gripe about how angry birds lags.

With the current hardware in these tablets, there's now a lot that can be done to make these faster. If you'd want to try to overclock, you can check this thread, but I can't really offer much help beyond that.

meepinator

Jan 1, 2012
I agree, this update fixed my Craig CMP738b with wifi error and works normal. I only have trouble streaming Netflix, downloaded the apps but couldn't be able to make it stream. any help with this issue?

I think that it's a flash player issue, because the version of Android these tablets run doesn't fully support flash. I think m3red is working on something that should be able to help this, but I'm not 100% certain.

akn10red

Jul 31, 2012
you people dealt great with this tablet.
BUT now we have exactly the same problem with Superpad VI. the 'official' superpad 6 comes with ralink chipset whereas some came with realtek (rtl8188ctv) chipset. now people like me are without internet and you know without wifi tablet is useless. I hope someone can help us... maybe??? I have mentioned it on >>>>THIS<<<< thread.