Power problem with generic 7" capacitive

thagoldenboy

Jun 29, 2012
Hello all,

I have a tablet and it doesn't seem to be getting power. I THINK its MID701. At least thats what it calls the charger in the instruction manual. It will boot to the OS, but it shuts off immediately saying low battery.
It has a dedicated plug for the charger, which is 5V/2A, so I assume it has a 3.7V battery, which is the voltage I'm reading at the battery (~3.9V).
I'm thinking I bought a lemon, and that I have a hardware problem...voltage sensor maybe...?
Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

I'll be scouring this forum for clues...

Last edited:

thagoldenboy

Jun 29, 2012
I was just reading the manual...in the faq it says that it runs 2.1, but when it boots to the os, the unlock screen looks like honeycomb to me. Could the person who owned this before me have tried to root and install honeycomb? Could this have anything to do with my problem?
I'm getting frustrated

Natey2

May 25, 2012
Could the person who owned this before me have tried to root and install honeycomb? Could this have anything to do with my problem?
I'm getting frustrated

Yeah, many people try to do things like that.
It's like buying a 4-cylinder car, trying to replace the engine with a V-6, and if it quits working beyond easy reversal, they return it.
So be careful when buying used tablets.

thagoldenboy

Jun 29, 2012
that doesnt make any sense...but thanks for the advice. Someone might find that useful

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Go to Settings, About Tablet (i think that's the name, its the last tab in settings) and it will tell you what Android version you are running. I've seen some lock screen mods, so one may have been installed.

thagoldenboy

Jun 29, 2012
OK. I unhooked the seemingly ok battery and wired a 5V power adapter to the pads where the battery was. The lock screen is still in my way, but it does say I have full battery.
I'm going to order one off ebay now, BUT I still need help getting by the unlock screen...

Natey2

May 25, 2012
I unhooked the seemingly ok battery and wired a 5V power adapter to the pads where the battery was. The lock screen is still in my way, but it does say I have full battery.

If you can commercialize such a contraption, there will be many buyers. There have been many occasions where I wanted to use a power adapter for battery-only devices, so that I can have "infinite" battery life (at the expense of portability).

thagoldenboy

Jun 29, 2012
Im going to hard wire the tablet to my car's battery, and use it as a carpc...replacing my current windows laptop. This after trying (and failing) to find a ported version of android that would recognize my touchscreen.
Now im going to try every combination of buttons I can find to perfom a factory reset to get by the lock screen.

thagoldenboy

Jun 29, 2012
Power problem solved. Thank you. Must start new post... How to unlock unknown MID password