Power related touchpad woes continue...

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Thanks for the details. I had a long road trip over the weekend and the kids used the inverter on DSes, iPod Touch and a Toshiba laptop with no problems. I understand that the technology has a general problem, but most things seem to handle it better than the a2109. Over the years, several different devices have worked fine with that inverter. IPads, notebooks, phones, other Android tablets, TVs and hand held games; every one worked fine.

WasteLandSavage

Dec 3, 2012
Thanks for the details. I had a long road trip over the weekend and the kids used the inverter on DSes, iPod Touch and a Toshiba laptop with no problems. I understand that the technology has a general problem, but most things seem to handle it better than the a2109. Over the years, several different devices have worked fine with that inverter. IPads, notebooks, phones, other Android tablets, TVs and hand held games; every one worked fine.

Face it your just a lucky one then! :p

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Face it your just a lucky one then! :p

I am not sure if luck has much to do with it. This is the only issue that has any importance to me where I am disappointed in the a2109. I understand we are talking about out of spec power, but the vast majority of devices handle it okay, including some others with sensitive capacitive inputs. I am still happy with the unit; the size, the price and the performance are hard to beat. But it is an annoyance; I was hoping it would play well "in the mix" on long trips. It still can; I just need to get a different inverter that also has USB or get a splitter (would prefer the first option to eliminate the tangle of wires) as it works fine powered by USB from the car's DC.