Preferred Ebook reader app for 7024

GoldPimp

May 26, 2011
I am curious as to what Ebook reading app everyone uses on their Kyros 7024, I have found that many of my book i have downloaded will not work in the default Aldiko application. I currently have FBreader installed, it works well but is rather confusing for my GF to find the book files through the file directory and isnt very visually appealing like the default reader. Any suggestions are welcome and im willing to check any free app out that may be better or even just different.

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
Sorry I don't have a better answer...FBreader was what I was told to try also.

I also can not get the default Aldiko reader to work?? I DL 2 free books but they will not open. If I try to open them I just go back to the book shelf. I did see that they seemed to save to the external micro SD card? Is that a problem?

Last edited:

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
Try Cool Reader. You can find it here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/files/CoolReader3/cr3-3.0.46/

You want cr3.0.46-5.apk which is the latest version.

I keep all of my books on the external SD card ("extsd") in a folder strangely called "Books". I open Aldiko select the little house icon in the upper left of the screen. Then select the "SD card" at the bottom left. You will then see a list of folders with "SD card" at the top. To the immediate right you will see an "up arrow" select that and them select "extsd" and then, as in my case, select "Books". I then have a list of the books that I have available to me. Select the book you want and Aldiko will ask you if you want to read this book or import it - take your pick.

Regards - John

bst82551

Jun 4, 2011
The kindle app works well, but i don't think you can import ebooks to it. If you are starting fresh, give that a try.

GoldPimp

May 26, 2011
Try Cool Reader. You can find it here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/crengine/files/CoolReader3/cr3-3.0.46/

You want cr3.0.46-5.apk which is the latest version.

I keep all of my books on the external SD card ("extsd") in a folder strangely called "Books". I open Aldiko select the little house icon in the upper left of the screen. Then select the "SD card" at the bottom left. You will then see a list of folders with "SD card" at the top. To the immediate right you will see an "up arrow" select that and them select "extsd" and then, as in my case, select "Books". I then have a list of the books that I have available to me. Select the book you want and Aldiko will ask you if you want to read this book or import it - take your pick.

Regards - John

When i load the Epub file in Aldiko it will show up then close before im able to begin reading the book. Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Edit: installed Cool Reader and i like how much easier this is to use. Thank you.

Last edited:

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
GoldPimp - That is the same for me using Aldiko....I will try Cool Reader as well. Thanks

colnago

May 18, 2011
Ray50,

I'm using Aldiko with no problems. I've downloaded some PDFs, and imported them into Aldiko, but I also got Adobe Reader. Either way, I've found that my eyes aren't good enough any more to look at PDF files on a tablet. I also have Nook and Kindle. Of the two, I prefer Kindle, but my wife has a Nook Color, so I use both. I find the buying experience nicer on Kindle, but once you're in a book, they're both fairly equal.

Note on the Nook reader: If my wife buys a book, then B&N tells the Coby that there's a book to download. After I download it, I can read it, but if I cycle power, it "forgets" it again. I can download it (again), but every time I cycle power, they're gone. Even books I have bought and downloaded directly to the Coby get forgotten when I cycle power. It's probably some DRM protection hooey, but it gets really tiring after a point.

jabby

Apr 22, 2011
Ray50
Note on the Nook reader: If my wife buys a book, then B&N tells the Coby that there's a book to download. After I download it, I can read it, but if I cycle power, it "forgets" it again. I can download it (again), but every time I cycle power, they're gone. Even books I have bought and downloaded directly to the Coby get forgotten when I cycle power. It's probably some DRM protection hooey, but it gets really tiring after a point.
You need to import the book to your bookshelf. Then it will stay put.

Regards - John

P.S. Here is a font tip. If you are using both ***Aldiko***(I meant FBReader) and Cool Reader you run into a font conflict. To fix, place the fonts in to a folder called "fonts" on the external SD card. (note the lower case "f" not "F") Then configure ***Aldiko***(I meant FBReader) to look for the fonts in /mnt/extsd/fonts. This way both will share the same font folder.

Last edited: