Prestigio 5080b firmware

frase

Apr 2, 2012
Hi folks,

New to site, names matt.

Ive got a prestigio 5080b and to be fair, i have been loving it !!! It ticks all the boxes you could ask in my opinion.

that said, i do have some niggly problems. my main issues are that when they send through an automatic update, it deletes all your stuff if you dont backup to a pc etc.

Secondly, i have been told by their support to download a new firmware off trheir website...now, im not tech savvy in the very slightest and i did infact think these firmware were what my tablet automatically picked up when they were released. This isnt true as they released one yesterday and in march that i never got.

Firmware confuses me., i cannot seem to get it to work whatsoever. I am thick in this so i need to know how this works and such.

Also, do i need to download all the previous updates before the current one?

If someone has experience with the tablet or similar any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

frase

Apr 2, 2012
Little bump in hope someone might be able to assist.

Even if you dont have the prestigio, if you have experience in sorting out this firmware thing any idea would be appreciated.

crashland

Apr 12, 2012
Hi Matt, I agree with you on the 5080B, it's a really neat tablet. Anyway, I upgraded to android 4 recently. I don't know if this is the firmware you are referring to but if it is, I'll try and point you in the right direction. First of all, download the version applicable to your pc, either 32 or 64 bit. (Download on your pc, not your tablet). Everything you need should be included in the download -instructions, drivers, firmware, tools etc. Make a note of where the upgrade downloads to on your pc. You need to basically follow the instructions in the downloaded PDF file which should prompt you to install the rockusb driver then open the RKbatchtool (also included in the download). You need to enter the path to the firmware, so basically use 'browse' to navigate to where you downloaded it all. The tool should then do the rest for you. Make sure you back up your files before commencing the upgrade or you will lose them. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

lenochka

Jul 15, 2012
Hi, I am facing a problem with it too. When I follow all instructin from PDF file, my tablet will not conect to the notebook in the final phase. No green square... I am not very skilled with the IT so I do not know where the problem may be. Any ideas?

Hrxixus

Sep 30, 2012
Hi m8s

Its rather simple just follow rules from prestigio site,when u instaling driver you must hold (-) volume button,and then connect usb cable to pc,then start program for new firmware instalation choose firmware from disk where u saved it and he goes.NOTE MAKE BACKUP BEFORE AND REMOVE SD CARD or it wwill be all erased.
I bought 5080b acctually for my 7 year daughter for car video player and for some child games but i upgraded it now to v 4.03 and its super tablet for all family ,internet,games ,multimedia all and considering it price well done Prestigio.