PRESTIGIO MultiPad Tablet PC 8.4" PMP3084B

branc

Mar 24, 2011
Hello,
I'm newbie to upgrading ROMS, so I'm wondering about few things. I have Prestigio tablet with Android 2.1 installed. I would be veeery greatfull for ANY info given on ROM/OS upgrade. Current version (2.1) does not support market, etc...

Specification of tablet:
ARM9 Processor (Rockchip 2818) -660 MHz
Integrated Color 8.4" (800x600) TFT

Any chance that 3.0 would work?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

qweqwu

Mar 27, 2011
3.0 won't work, it needs different hardware, prestigio said they'll post instructions on their site about updating to 2.2

How is the tablet, is it any good? I want to buy one, thx in advance.

branc

Mar 24, 2011
hi, I'm very pleased with that tablet. Worth of that money (170 €). I had ipad in my hands (600€), chinese crap (60€) and this Prestigio tablet. My opinion is that this is maximum you can get for this money. Battery is really excellent, max 7h!

lilalo

Apr 1, 2011
Does someone have the firmware. My device remained bricked after unsuccessfully upgrade. It will not boot just stuck on boot screen and just stands by.

Amke

Nov 5, 2010
Hi I just bought PMP3084B and all preinstalled apps are working. I discovered that I can't add any new apps from android market or even appslib. I didn't find so far how to install my favorites fbreader, dolphin browser and others. So if anyone is planning to buy this devise, must be aware that new applications installation could be complicated.

MichaelByrne

Apr 17, 2011
First in a broad sense love the device for browsing the internet and being my book reader. It's great value for the money. Of course with anything so new there are issues :-

Issue 1. Application Downloads.
So how do you get a new application installation working- does anyone know? The "Market" on the device is no where to be found. In the Android market website (https://market.android.com/ )run by Google, even with a valid Google account I get the error message "there are no android devices associated with this account". Has anyone been able to download and install apps to the Multipad ?

Issue 2. Android 2.1.
When can we upgrade this device to Android 2.2 so we can have flash player on it ? Are the instructions anywhere on the Prestigio site? I couldn't find them. Even in the downloads section Downloads I could not find anything for the PMP3048B

Issue 3. Yahoo email.
I know I can access my ymail email account through the browser and I am doing that at the moment. On the other hand I imagine that using the Email app in the device would be better, but I can't get it configured. Has anyone got configuration instructions on how to connect the Email app to a yahoo account? Think this would have been part of a comprehensive document that came with the device, for each of the major email account providers (yahoo, hotmail, google etc!) ?

gmac

Apr 26, 2011
I use the tab for a week, and I do not know what to think...
I can download and install many applicatipon, using the SAM 4.0. But I can not quit the program a lot because it has no home button. If I want exit, I have to shut down the tab!
In my opinion this device in 80% e-book reader and only in 20% tablet pc :(

G

lilalo

Apr 1, 2011
I use the tab for a week, and I do not know what to think...
I can download and install many applicatipon, using the SAM 4.0. But I can not quit the program a lot because it has no home button. If I want exit, I have to shut down the tab!
In my opinion this device in 80% e-book reader and only in 20% tablet pc :(

G

You can long press Page UP button to exit apps.

estugarda

May 6, 2011
Yes. I also have a PMP3084B. I also couldn't install the uploaded firmware. My tablet reports; corrupted image. I asked the customer support what to do, and they told me to get the tablet to the local service center. I did that, and there they burned up my tablet while trying to update the tablet with the same corrupted firmware. They probably used some more invasive method. Now I'm waiting for the new device. I'm picking it up tomorrow. I can't wait to see if the update is applied.

Actually, the update they provided is entitled; v.2.1.2. This probably means that this isn't Froyo, but a minor update for the Eclair. And they promised Froyo. Doesn't surprise me though. Prestigio has a thing for telling massive lies.

Actually, PMP3084B is not a bad device for the price. There is nothing even close for that money, here where I live. But the way Prestigio treats the customers is almost criminal. 100% criminal is that they list several technical characteristics wrongly.

Russians.

1. First, on the website, the CPU was declared as a 700MHz. It is not, as such ARM9 Processor (Rockchip 2818) doesn't exist. When I asked Prestigio about it they suddenly lowered the CPU to 660MHz on their web. But in reality, it is most probably the 640MHz ARM9.

2. Another interesting lie is the CPU specs on the back side of the package. It says; Arm11 700MHz dual core processor. This is even more outrageous. It's not ARM11, and it most certainly isn't dual core.

3. They are advertising PMP3084B as with 4GB internal memory. But it's not 4GB. Not even close. All Device Manager apps I tried say 2.6GB.

Prestigio is a liar!

Last edited:

poool452

May 9, 2011
I have
Prestigio Multipad PMP3084B

about week (exactly from czech store Prestigio Multipad PMP3084B | Alza.cz but I think there are no differences) so I decided light up some questions and complaints.
1.ARM9 Processor (Rockchip 2818) -660 MHz but 700 on box and in stores is usual rounding
2.This tablet isn´t very fast, display is resistance type, no very sensitive, but more robust. For type of display and slow arm processor PMP3084B is not suitable for demanding games (but Reversi or Chess are ok, for action, sport, race games is not so good)
3.For today date is on Prestigio site upgrade to firmware only 2.1.2 MultiPad PMP3084B Tablet PC Prestigio
Upgrade run through fluently, downloading update.img to PC-}copy to root on tablet-}restart-}upgrade autostart, running 10 minuts, everything OK.
4.Complaints about Androidmarket - If you have no other pc or notebook, don´t buy this tablet - it is not full-featured computer.
If you have pc or notebook,
there are no problems . Everything what you can even imagine is downloadable, mostly for free. Download to PC, copy to SD card or connect PC with tablet, copy to memory, install.
They are advertising PMP3084B as with 4GB internal memory. But it's not 4GB. Not even close. All Device Manager apps I tried say 2.6GB.
4GB are right of course, 1.4 GB is system. Btw SD card 8-16GB is very cheap and slot is on device.
Prestigio is a liar!
Is not but you are .... not very smart.

I was looking for some eReader Kindle type first, but I think Prestigio is good choice - more powerfull device, same money.
3rd device in my home (I have pc and ntbook) very suitable to bed or long stay on toilet:), good to train or plane as reader and some games, but not so good as only one computer home or device for ultimate gamer.

rd

Last edited: