Prestigio PMP5097 PRO

imcrazyd

Jun 23, 2012
Hi All

This is my first post on here :) I recently got the PMP5097, which i like a lot, however I want to root it and don't really know where to start. I guess as its a fairly new tablet it will probably take a while for someone to find a way to do it so I just wanted to put this out there and see how other RK2918 tablets have been rooted, but nothing seems to compare to this tablet. Not even sure if this has a recovery mode of sorts :/

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Malthan

Jul 27, 2012
Do you know what drivers are needed to use the adb? I tried using the default windows ones and the official google ones and neither worked, and the prestigio site has no drivers for 5097cpro on it.

chrislj74

Jul 16, 2012
Try the pdf in this link. It's on post number 10. I used it to root my Craig ICS tablet. Just change the relavent driver stuff to match your tablet to get adb working. One thing I'll mention after you get adb working is to check to see what file system your tablet uses ie. cramfs, ext3, ext4. If you are on cramfs then rooting your tablet just got more difficult but still possible. There is an adb command to tell you the file system but I don't know it. But if your root fails saying the fs is read only then this is likely why.