Printing for Android?

edap

Dec 12, 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that Cloudprint does not allow printer sharing and setup from within the app and needs to be set up on a computer which must be on and have Chrome running when the app is used.
Also, it appears there is no print option within the Gmail app and one has to go to the web app instead. I guess that is coming.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that Cloudprint does not allow printer sharing and setup from within the app and needs to be set up on a computer which must be on and have Chrome running when the app is used.
Also, it appears there is no print option within the Gmail app and one has to go to the web app instead. I guess that is coming.

Correct you are my friend.

There are other printer apps that do allow you to setup local printers. See here for a more detailed list: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...print-your-android-tablet-here-some-tips.html

I use PrinterShare. It allows printing from local (BT, WiFi & USB printers) as well as cloud printing. It also has GMail print function, but I switched to Kaiten Mail since it has a few features (including a SHARE option to print emails).