Printing from a tablet

SmurfBelle

Sep 24, 2012
I am embarrassingly new to the whole mobile world. My phone is still stupid, but I now own an Acer Iconia 501A Tablet. I finally figured out how to sync it with my PC, but don't know where to begin with getting it to print to my wireless Canon printer. Can someone point me in the right direction?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

There are so many potential solutions for printing I assembled an entire tip thread. You will find a link to that in my signature links below. Canon also has a photo print app on the Google Store. My favorite app is PrinterShare mostly because I can use it at other locations, like at a customer's site. But the Google Cloud Print works well and unlike the PrinterShare, it's free but it would mostly be limited to your printers -- and the print jobs must go over the Internet to get back to your system and some people have issues with that.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi SmurfBelle, congratulations on your new Acer Iconia and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. It seems my friend Lee has already answered your question regarding printing from your tablet. His reply might be helpful to other folks as well, so I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section where more people are likely to see it.

Sep 27, 2012
hhmn yes indeed very helpful reply! certainly use a third party app if you can AND take advantage of Google cloud, it's ace
another suggestion for printing from the tablet etc is Print by (I think!) eurosmartz - one of my current faves