Printing from Acer Iconia A500

enkryptik

May 24, 2011
Every one I've seen doesn't alllow printing from https which I need for printing work orders from company site. Anything non secure seems to work fine once configured.

v62cobra

May 1, 2011
well I have printer share and it works great for pdf's, but if you need to print a page from a site (say a amazon invoice!), then no go. Still for pdf's and docs it's great. I have it on my incredible and a500.

kes601

May 23, 2011
well I have printer share and it works great for pdf's, but if you need to print a page from a site (say a amazon invoice!), then no go. Still for pdf's and docs it's great. I have it on my incredible and a500.

There is a plugin for Dolphin Browser that will save a web page ad a PDF, you could then print the PDF. Just a thought....

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

TBone

Nov 19, 2010
Took your advice on Cloud Print and I'm shocked on how easy it was!

Sent from my A500

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011

I have no idea why you are having problems, but i just printed an invoice from my a500 to my laser printer. It was an https connection, and the print worked fine.

With printshare pro you can print things like gmailmessages which dont even offer a share option.

Last edited:

tbrd2004

Jul 27, 2011
I have an Acer A500 Tablet and a HP Officejet printer, but have been unsuccessful with the Cloud and Printbot. Basically because I didn't know what to fill in the blanks when setting these apps up.... I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I was able to print a "Test Page" with Printershare, but have not purchased the "key" to unlock additional printing because I understand even with the key, your ability to print certain documents is limited. If I go ahead and purchase the Printershare "key" will I be able to print web page, Documents, and emails?

Thanks

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
First, cloud print relies on you having a windows (or maybe linux) idling somewhere on your network.

Google chrome browser must be installed. When you set up cloud print on your workstation it makes your printer available to you from your tablet.
On your computer, open chrome, tap the wrench, go to under the hood, and click on cloud print buttons to get started.

As for Printershare, it works very well, and It prints everything you will want to print.
The only tricky bit is that google gmail app does not no how to print yet. So to print an Email you start from printershare, and select what it is
you want to print, rather than starting from Gmail. (This also applies to cloud print, because, like I say, its Gmail that lacks the print cabability.

Printer share will also use cloud print printers.

Printershare is the best 4.95 I ever spent. Yup, it was 4.95 back then. They have sales. Maybe limp along with only cloud print till the next sale?

Even the free version of Printshare will print to Cloudprint printers.

Last edited:

tbrd2004

Jul 27, 2011
So, let's talk printershare. If I got the test page to print with the free version, I'll be OK with purchasing the "Premium Key" and I should be able to print everything I need.... correct?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Define "Everything". I have no idea what "everything you need" might encompass.

A little primer on Android actions (sharing).
Printing is handled by Sharing. (Share the item with another application, such as a print program
or an email program, etc).

Not all android applications offer a sharing option for every type of thing they handle.

For instance, SHARE is not an option in Gmail, but it is in k-9 mail. Gmail does not look for anything
that it can share emails with. It won't print them, tweet them, send them as an SMS, or anything else.

(oddly, Gmail is a share TARGET, it will provide sharing services to other apps, but it won't share what it holds).

Therefore if you have a game, most games don't offer to share any part of the game (even screen shots) with other things.

Docs to Go doesn't offer sharing to PDF files. (or any others as far as I can tell).

To get around these lazy app developers that don't want to put in share options for printing,
PrinterShare knows how to handle most (but not all) of these from its menu.

You select what type of thing it should look for, and it will let you select that type of object,
(gmail, PDF, .doc, picture, etc) and it will print it for you even tho the native app doesn't offer printing or any type of sharing.

To find a complete list of the types of things printershare can handle go to the market and read about it, and
visit their web page.

So the answer in round bald terms is YES.
But that's a risky answer without some constraints on the value of "everything".