printing help

rachelisrad

Mar 14, 2012
Hi! I am a newb with tablets and I just got an Acer iconia because I broke the screen on my laptop and it was going to cost the same to fix the screen or get this tablet so here I am. I no longer have a computer, this is it. The problem is my printer is older and not wireless only connects by USB . What are my options for getting them to connect? Thanks in advance!

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I myself don't have a pc any longer but few months ago when I wanted to connect a printer to my tablet,I didn't have a printer either . So in a way was easier because I made sure to buy the right printer that through the printer app would connect directly.For what I learned searching for my printer, what you want to do with your old printer, is not possible., you have to be able to connect the printer via wifi....hopefully I'm wrong though! :)

Samsung Galaxy Note

Last edited:

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hi! I am a newb with tablets and I just got an Acer iconia because I broke the screen on my laptop and it was going to cost the same to fix the screen or get this tablet so here I am. I no longer have a computer, this is it. The problem is my printer is older and not wireless only connects by USB . What are my options for getting them to connect? Thanks in advance!

How do you get internet access with your tablet? Is there a WIFI network you connect to?

You need to give us a lot more info:

printer make and model?
Usb or Ethernet?

There are always options.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Today enjoy the freedom of wireless printing with the pixma ip100 photo inject printer form canon. Thanks.

The IP100 has no WIFI. The only possible way is to connect to USB print server and then the network having wifi through the modem/router.