[PRJ] Updating Telechips kernel to 2.6.35

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Just a quick progress report: I've managed to get up to the drivers/mmc directory with the edits. Still not enough to attempt a build yet..

Ish

Jan 18, 2011
Thank you for working on updating the Kyros. I'm actually pretty happy with the tablet on 2.1 I only wish I could get a updated and overclockable kernel. ;)

lowesmobile

Nov 3, 2010
Danny, can you provide a link to the Froyo Cyanogenmod that you were talking about with specifics for the Kyros. I don't mind the brick, we have 2 zt-180 that we use, I bought this one to learn and use the android OS, after being in the IOS jailbreak community for years.
Thx!

lowesmobile

Nov 3, 2010
Thanks already loving this because it can see adhoc, maybe I can finally use the wifi tether on my rooted Huawei and loose my mifi. Any issues that you have encountered with this? Do you have access to regular market on this build?

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
on the 2.2 mod? I haven't installed it yet. I have been just reading around on info. I just rooted and added the market. I'm going to wait abit to see if l_n can come up with something to test it. If its simple enough for me . I'm not to great with this but am looking forward to learning and trying it out.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
an interesting thing i've found while poking around in the SD/MMC drivers... the Telechips 92xx/89xx chipsets support SDIO... which means you should be able to add SDIO gps and/or 3g (if they make such an SDIO card....)

EDIT: after digging around on google, i've only found one compeany that has made microSDIO devices, and there's not much info about them (the products on the company's website (Spectec)). if anyone has any more info, it would be nice to know if these types of devices are possible to connect to the telechips boards.

Last edited:

mdparent

Jan 4, 2011
Ok take your time. But I dont think thy or going to release 2.2. I dont think thy think it well run on the tablet.

On their website they are already showing 2.3 tablets for the future. I might wait for one of those.

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
an interesting thing i've found while poking around in the SD/MMC drivers... the Telechips 92xx/89xx chipsets support SDIO... which means you should be able to add SDIO gps and/or 3g (if they make such an SDIO card....)

EDIT: after digging around on google, i've only found one compeany that has made microSDIO devices, and there's not much info about them (the products on the company's website (Spectec)). if anyone has any more info, it would be nice to know if these types of devices are possible to connect to the telechips boards.

Did you see the price of the GPS thingy on the Pacific geek site! 280 for a refurb!

shacklesmcgee

Jan 26, 2011
I'm looking to port gingerbread 2.3 to my m701 4gb HY, and I would love to help port the kernel too, any chance I could get your files, or I can start working from the bottom folder up appling diffs?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
To avoid duplicate work, I'm not going to put anything up for d/l until I get through the diff. As soon as that's done, I'll post a source tarball, untested (i.e. before I try to build it myself).

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Don't know. I'm at the usb drivers directory. Hopefully there's not much changed after the drivers...

shacklesmcgee

Jan 26, 2011
How's it going? I've managed to get clockwork recovery working on the HY m701, but not the 2.2 release by asure and venomous. I'm starting to think i might need to build a new kernel for the HY memory.