problem booting into cm7 via triple boot sd

timsc

Mar 16, 2012
I have had a triple boot cm7, honeycomb card for 3 months now and worked fine. But one day while i was using cm7 it cut off and rebooted to stock nook color os. now when i try to boot into cm7 or honeycomb it will boot up, say loading and the android pic will come up with the circle going around like its loading but it will then freeze and start over again. it wont load into either. if anybody could help it would be helpful. THANKS

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Sounds like your boot partition became corrupted. Just a question but why would you be booting CM7 and honeycomb form an SD card? Honeycomb is experimental at best and not really going anywhere. If you want to play with it, you could have a CM7 card for a daily driver and Honeycomb as a development ROM. Even then you should probably be using ICS instead of Honeycomb since CM7 is moving to CM9 skipping Honeycomb and the ICS development is well underway.

To answer your question you probably need to make a new bootable SD card or at least try and replace the boot files to see if you can get it working again.

timsc

Mar 16, 2012
Sounds like your boot partition became corrupted. Just a question but why would you be booting CM7 and honeycomb form an SD card? Honeycomb is experimental at best and not really going anywhere. If you want to play with it, you could have a CM7 card for a daily driver and Honeycomb as a development ROM. Even then you should probably be using ICS instead of Honeycomb since CM7 is moving to CM9 skipping Honeycomb and the ICS development is well underway.

To answer your question you probably need to make a new bootable SD card or at least try and replace the boot files to see if you can get it working again.

Is there any way to save my apps i have now to put them on new bootable sd card. also were can i find just the boot files.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Any apps you purchased will be available in the store you bought them from (you won't loose them) but you will have to redownload them. Also any app data will be lost (level progress or high scores for example). If you don't have backups and you can't get booted you will probably lose this info. The boot files can be found in the zip file you put on the SD card after you burn the bootable image (the ROM) and are called uRec, uImage ect. The boot partition of your card may still be available when you insert it into the card reader of your pc.

The nice thing is that when a bootable SD card crashes nothing is really broken. If you don't have backups you might have to start installing your apps and data from scratch but you can think of it as a chance to start fresh.

timsc

Mar 16, 2012
Thanks alot. thats what i wanted to know about the apps is if i would lose progress. sucks that i will. i bought the card with everything on it so i'll have to find the bootable files. just wandering i do have clockword recovery on the sd. does that restore the sd or the nook if i hit restore on it while sd is in the nook or can you get into the recovery mode by putting sd in your computer that way i know its just recovering the sd and not messing up my internal on nook

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You can only get into recovery with the card in the nook. Usually holding the n button when you power on will take you to recovery. You can restore your apps and system from recovery but you have to have made a backup to restore from. It sounds like you may have to start from scratch. Check out how to make a bootable sd card here, which it where you can also find links to the necessary files. http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/nook-color-technical/13156-how-cm7-bootable-sd.html