Problem DL-ing the 3.2 update

Discussion in 'Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum' started by theallspark, Oct 5, 2011.

1. theallspark

theallspark Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500
    hey guys,

I received an update last night, was about 357mb and I think it says system update 7.006.01. And I have a really great feeling that this is 3.2.

so the problem is when I download it, it never seems to complete its download, it just keeps on repeating the download, it reaches a hundred percent, then back to the start again. it did this like 3-4 times already. :(

what seems to be the problem? btw, i am in no way rooted. my tab is completely genuine.

Thanks for the reply! Cheers! \m/

2. cfs123

cfs123 Member

Tablet / Device:
    A500
    I've read on other threads/forums that the update is called 7.006.01_COM2 (or somthing like that) but my update is stamped as 7.006.01 and is giving invalid bundle update issues.

3. biking4jesus

biking4jesus Member

Tablet / Device:
    ASUS TF700T / Nexus 7 / A100 / Lenovo A2109 / Acer A500
    Same here. I''ve been trying for 3 days. Most of the time the upgrade downloads & unzips, but then declares the update to be invalid. I assume that means that some checksum failed. It seems unlikely that I would have a defective download 6 times in a row unless there was a problem at the source. What are the chances that there is a bad image on the download server that we are getting? Is there any way to select the source of the download?

- Conrad

4. DiegoAndresJAY

DiegoAndresJAY Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500
    I'm having the same trouble. Downloaded multiple times over the past few days, but says it's invalid.

5. MrBlazito

MrBlazito Member

I've had the problem as well. My first try downloading it, the download completed 100% and gave me the invalid update error while unzipping. I tried again and it got stuck in the loop, where it would start the download all over once it would reach 100%. What I did, is restart the tablet, and set the screen to turn off after 30 minutes so it wouldn't turn off while downloading. This worked for me. I was able to download the update and install it no problem.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DiegoAndresJAY

DiegoAndresJAY Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500
    MrBlazito's method of extending the screen cut off time worked for me.

7. frnkws

frnkws Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500
    here is a link to the us update along with instructions.
    I updated using this link and downloaded it to my computer, extracted the update.zip, put the update.zip on a micro sd and installed.
    After inserting the sd in the A500
    Hold the volume down button and continue to hold while powering up.
    Once you see a few lines in the upper left of the screen you can let go the volume and let it do it's thing.
    Takes about 5 minutes or less to install.
    http://vache-android.com/files/Acer_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN2.zip

• Like Like x 8
  8. FlutteringBy

FlutteringBy Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 4/Galaxy S3
    Thanks for the info frnkws.....I've updated 2 tabs with no problems but this 3rd one just about has me licked.....:(....I'll try your method if it doesn't take this time.....

These 4 hr. downloads are getting a little much....it would be wonderful if they could break these updates to approx. 100 mb's each, rather than 1 one huge file.....it might cut out some of the problems as not everyone has a lightening fast connection.....

9. StephTech

StephTech Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia a500, Honeycomb 3.2
    I just received my Android Tab yesterday, and several failed updates had me worried - but maxing the screen timeout worked for me also. It seems to be during the unzip/install that this is critical. I had downloaded (again) but decided to research before installing. Once I maxed the screen timeout, it completely unzipped, installed, shut down, and restarted itself very smoothly.

10. Wanderer81321

Wanderer81321 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500
    I am hoping that this will work. I have 3 Acer Iconia A500 and thus far have been unable to download this mysterious 7.006.01 to all my tablets. I tried on my wife’s and first time was successful. I am now on attempt 3 on mine and so far I get the invalid error message. I am trying to download the file as per your instructions above. I will let you know if it helps. I just bought these tablets. Is this what I should expect? This is the second big download since I have had them and it seems that it is a fight to get the patches applied. Also this is my first exposure to forums like these so I will post the results after I try your suggestion. Providing I can find this post again! LOL

11. StoneKy

StoneKy Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia a500
    @ Wanderer81321 good luck and welcome to the forums.

12. Wanderer81321

Wanderer81321 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500
    It worked like a charm! I followed your instructions and all is well. THANK YOU! I really appreciate your advice.

13. Wanderer81321

Wanderer81321 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500
    Thank you frnkws! I followed your instructions and they worked great! I really appreciate your advice. Now if I can figure out how these forums work. I think I may of posted this reply in several places :) Sorry all. I am new at this.

14. damobius

damobius Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer A500
    frnkws, your download and instructions worked like a charm. After a dozen tries the "normal" way with dropped downloads and invalid updates, this worked the first time. Thanks!!