Problem downloading epub books from library

tbartman

Oct 18, 2011
Hi. I'm new at this Android stuff so bear with me please.

Every time I try to download an Adobe epub book from the
library onto my Ziio 10 I receive a message the the download was "unsuccessful".

When I try to download the Adobe software needed to download the book (per the library) I'm told that Adobe Flash player
needs to be installed. When I click on the install link, I'm told I don't have permission to go to that page.

I've downloaded the book on my PC and moved it to the Ziio on an SD card but when I import it to ZiiAcademy, the book is not
readable. It reads fine on my PC but nothing seems to be able to read it on the Ziio.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

patzio

Jan 1, 2012
Hi. I'm new at this Android stuff so bear with me please.

Every time I try to download an Adobe epub book from the
library onto my Ziio 10 I receive a message the the download was "unsuccessful".

When I try to download the Adobe software needed to download the book (per the library) I'm told that Adobe Flash player
needs to be installed. When I click on the install link, I'm told I don't have permission to go to that page.

I've downloaded the book on my PC and moved it to the Ziio on an SD card but when I import it to ZiiAcademy, the book is not
readable. It reads fine on my PC but nothing seems to be able to read it on the Ziio.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I don't know if my reply will be of any help but when I try to download books from my library (using Adobe epub) the problem I have is that Adobe Epub has made its software only available on Android Market. I can install Adobe Epub and overdrive (my library's software) on my computer but I cannot install it on my Creative Ziio. It doesn't, as far as I can recall, give me an error message about flash as I have that working on my ziio (one of the many reasons why I prefer my $188 Zio to my $800 Ipad). I cannot get Adobe Epub installed on my Ziio and that makes it impossible to read Epub books from the library. I believe I have read some Epub books from Guttenberg.org without issue, however.
Unless I flash my Ziio to use Market (I have looked it up and considered it solely because of the library book issue. With library books this would be the best tablet in the world, I think) I have to use my Aluratek to read library books and my Ziio for everything else. My Alurtatek is a great Ebook reader but it would be nice to have everything in one place. If the Zio 10 inch also does not get Market, that may be the source of your problem.

frieslander

May 18, 2011
I suggest you try to install the Aldiko Book Reader on your tablet, it supports the DRM technology used with library books. You can set-up an account with Adobe using your computer. When you import the book you need to load the acsm file to a folder on your tablet. You then need an FileManager app to open it, I use ASTRO which can be downloaded directly from Softonic. Open ASTRO and navigate to the folder where the acsm file is and then click or touch the acsm file. It will then download, if your device is not registered with Adobe you will be asked for the Adobe ID, enter your user name and password from your Pc adobe registration and it will authorise your tablet and download the book to the Aldiko reader.

Features | Aldiko - eBook Reader Application for Android

Astro File Manager (Android) - Download