Problem finding sd card apps in Android

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by howey, Feb 22, 2011.

1. howey

howey Member

Tablet / Device:
    Android Tablet
    Hello

I able to stored apps from PC in SD Card. In Andriod I already got file exploer easy istaller etc.

While I can see android reconigoe SD download but I can`t find the apps there to open up. It was download to some folder with many sub folders in web setting. I read online that download apps should go to root folder. Mine seem to download other sub folders I suspect. but not root folder. how I make sure download go to root folder, if this right way about it?

Gillian

2. Fuganater

Fuganater Moderator Staff Member

I put all my apps in a folder called 'system' in the root directory of the SD card. In that I have an 'apps' and 'games' folders to put the associated .apk's. Works great for me.

3. howey

howey Member

Tablet / Device:
    Android Tablet
    hi
    thanks for respond. I open up Andexplorer Root folder then system folder but dont know which.

no folders as games sub folder to look. it seem to be app subfolder? i looked in that one
    have all .apks apps already pre installed with android, but nothing recongiazble from sd card. which one from system folder?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  4. howey

howey Member

Tablet / Device:
    Android Tablet
    Hello

want to added it may be that my android firmware is 2.1 sorry:) I thought it was 2.2 if that any affect on sd card.

on some reviews manually update from 2.1 to 2.2. I think I damamged my sd card. re formant appear not work, give no sign of doing that,maybe because i pull sd card usb out.

at the moment all I care about is know-how to basiclly about download apps from sd card into andriod .
    out of intrest, is the `system` folder is THE only storage placed for sd card download files? what sub folder do i open those akp files up in AndExploxer I have ? assuming it only Apps why I dont see the akps file names by sd card?
    bit frustanted not able to get grips with andriod basic! toddler son forever asking to play games on it.

5. hoben02

hoben02 Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    epad zenithink zt-180
    try using the file manager app like "astro" to browse your sd card