Problem getting P76v recognized

MattyEL

Sep 28, 2012
Hello all,

I have installed cwm and flashed cyanogen 9 to the P76v, and then rebooted the device. It will not power up any more. I have followed some guides on this forum to use livesuite to reinstall the original software but it will not recognize it no matter which guide I follow.

I am now not sure if it is possible to plug the unit in so it can receive any charge, because at this point it may be running low.

If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
Hello all,

I have installed cwm and flashed cyanogen 9 to the P76v, and then rebooted the device. It will not power up any more. I have followed some guides on this forum to use livesuite to reinstall the original software but it will not recognize it no matter which guide I follow.

I am now not sure if it is possible to plug the unit in so it can receive any charge, because at this point it may be running low.

If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

p76v is not an A10 device but A13. You might find the livesuit in BoxChip A13 subforum more useful.

I would suggest that you download the firmware from Telecast website.

Is there a recover button on the back of the tablet? its like a pinhole.

MattyEL

Sep 28, 2012
p76v is not an A10 device but A13. You might find the livesuit in BoxChip A13 subforum more useful.

I would suggest that you download the firmware from Telecast website.

Is there a recover button on the back of the tablet? its like a pinhole.

I have downloaded the firmware from a couple other posts from this forum. Yes there is a little pin hole on the back of the unit. I'm a little worried that there isn't enough power on the device to reflash the firm ware. Is that possible?

KillerKink

Developer
Mar 16, 2011
I have downloaded the firmware from a couple other posts from this forum. Yes there is a little pin hole on the back of the unit. I'm a little worried that there isn't enough power on the device to reflash the firm ware. Is that possible?

This is a non-concern since you cant even boot up the device.

You can try if the following will work:

1. Open up the livesuit program and select the firmware
2. Connect the USB from PC to tablet
3. Hold the power button for more than 10s
4. Press the pinhole and hold it(do not release and continue to step 5)
5. Press the power button for 4s and release

If this work, you should see the tablet get detected by livesuit.

MattyEL

Sep 28, 2012
Actually when I do that the computer makes the sound as if something connects then disconnects so I guess its still recognizing it, but livesuite doesnt do anything when this happens. Maybe its not compatible with win7? Thank you for the quick responses.

MattyEL

Sep 28, 2012
If anyone has any other info I can try I am still looking for a solution. I've seen other posts on how to "debrick" certain teclast tablets but not this model.

Any and all input is appreciated :)