Problem Installing Dolphin Jetpack and Adobe Flash

N8OAY

Mar 24, 2011
I just got an Asus FHD10-ME302 tablet. It is running Android 4.2. I trying to get the Dolphin web browser set up with Flash. Apparently Adobe no longer provides Flash for Android. It did not come installed on the tablet and I can not find it on Google Play. Following the instructions on Dolphin's web page https://dolphinbrowser.desk.com/cus...-0-4-3-how-do-i-enable-flash-player-?b_id=317 I downloaded Flash from Adobe's web site, and am trying to install Dolphin's Jetpack. Jetpack installs part way then gives an error message:

Code:
Unknown error code during application install: "-110"

I can't find anything on this error on Dolphin's support site. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

And what is the deal with Flash not being available in Google Play?

Thanks for the help!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Not sure why you would get any error with Jetpack. Did you have Dolphin installed already? On the Flash Player, follow the link in my sig to a direct download and make certain your tablet is set to accept third party installs in security settings.

Before doing any of this, restart.

N8OAY

Mar 24, 2011
Not sure why you would get any error with Jetpack. Did you have Dolphin installed already? On the Flash Player, follow the link in my sig to a direct download and make certain your tablet is set to accept third party installs in security settings.

Before doing any of this, restart.

I got Jetpack installed. The problem may have been related to the fact that I did not have a SD card. My card arrived in today's Mail. I was on Google Play installing a couple other things that I could not install without the card and tried to install Jetpack and it installed OK and appears to be working fine.

N8OAY

Mar 24, 2011
OK this is getting ridiculous. I received an update for Dolphin and now I can't get Flash working again. I have also tried a couple other browsers that supposedly will work with Flash Player 11.1 which I realize is 'officially' no longer supported by Android. What is it going to take to get a permanent fix for this? I daily use web sites that use flash. Do I need to throw this brand new Asus (which I thought was supposed to be one of the best) tablet in the trash and buy a Microsoft Windows 8 tablet? And whats the deal with both Apple and now Android both not supporting Flash?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Apple never did support Flash and the problem isn't that Android, (anything less than KitKat) doesn't support it as much as it is that Adobe decided to no longer support it.

In Dolphin you need to go to settings (tap the icon lower left), then the 3rd icon, (settings), and go to content, You can turn on or off various features there including Flash.

N8OAY

Mar 24, 2011
Apple never did support Flash and the problem isn't that Android, (anything less than KitKat) doesn't support it as much as it is that Adobe decided to no longer support it.

In Dolphin you need to go to settings (tap the icon lower left), then the 3rd icon, (settings), and go to content, You can turn on or off various features there including Flash.

I have Flash set for Always On under Web Content and I have Jet Pack installed. I also have Boat and Firefox browsers installed and can not get Flash to work with either of them. I have Flash set for Always On in all 3 browsers.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The only things I can suggest would be to uninstall Flash restart, then install it again. Or, (horrors), a factory reset. Before long, when you probably will get KitKat, only a special modified version o Flash would work, Unless there is something we don't know about your system it should be working. My test is to see if the photos change just below the banner on this page. Honda.com: Official Site of American Honda Motor Co., Inc.

jackie8504

Jan 8, 2014
I just got an Asus FHD10-ME302 tablet. It is running Android 4.2. I trying to get the Dolphin web browser set up with Flash. Apparently Adobe no longer provides Flash for Android. It did not come installed on the tablet and I can not find it on Google Play. Following the instructions on Dolphin's web page https://dolphinbrowser.desk.com/cus...-0-4-3-how-do-i-enable-flash-player-?b_id=317 I downloaded Flash from Adobe's web site, and am trying to install Dolphin's Jetpack. Jetpack installs part way then gives an error message:

Code:
Unknown error code during application install: "-110"

I can't find anything on this error on Dolphin's support site. Does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?

And what is the deal with Flash not being available in Google Play?

Thanks for the help!
firefox has a browser on google play with the flash built in.its called fox flash or flash fox for android

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
If your version of Android is 4.2.2 or later, Flash support has been completely removed by Google. There is no fix, but then again nothing is broken.

Your only options are to use the aforementioned browser, a browser like Skyfire, which pre-loads pages with full support, or else persuade the sites in question to upgrade their front-ends to HTML5.