problem with apps

bperry

Nov 26, 2012
I am new to android and tablets. Got my wife a digix 10" tab for christmas. The Kindle app was working and I managed to download 2 books. with the Kindle app you could read the books. My wife attempted to down load another book, Now when we touch the kindle app it goes to amazon.com/kindle books. Amazon said delete the app and redownload.so I made the app inactive and downloaded the app fromm play store. Can't find it. it is probably inactive also. how do I delete it and download new. When downloaded does the app show up on the home screen or do I need to do something else? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am trying to learn before My wife gets discouraged with the tablet. the tablet has the ice cream sandwich OS.Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
The downloading part of your post has me confused. You should be installing it from the Amazon Market app or the Google Store. Where are you getting it from?

You could try going to settings - apps - all and find the Kindle app and (or) the Amazon or Google apps and tap them. Tell them to clear cache (maybe even data) then force close and restart your tablet.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
The downloading part of your post has me confused. You should be installing it from the Amazon Market app or the Google Store. Where are you getting it from?

You could try going to settings - apps - all and find the Kindle app and (or) the Amazon or Google apps and tap them. Tell them to clear cache (maybe even data) then force close and restart your tablet.

Alternativly download from pc then transfer

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I downloaded once from google play store and once from amazon apps. cannot find either one.

You aren't providing us much information. Downloaded where? If to your tablet it should be in the downloads folder. Downloading the same app from 2 places can cause some app confusion with the signatures and updates. Try to stick with one vendor.

bperry

Nov 26, 2012
Well I went to apps and deleted the Kindle app and when I restarted it auto installed factory kindle app. New book is there every thing is good now. Download folder is empty Thanks for the help